Manager, Business Development and Commercialisation - [Archived Advertisement]
Grains Research and Development Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager, Business Development and Commercialisation
- Opportunity to make a difference in one of the world’s leading grains research organisations;
- Remuneration $113,000 - $138,000 plus super, according to experience;
- Three-year renewable contract;
- 2 roles – Canberra and Perth.
As one of the world's leading grains research organisations, the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) plays an integral role in driving research outcomes and innovation that directly benefit Australia's grain industry. The GRDC's purpose is to invest in research, development and extension (RD&E) to create enduring profitability for Australian grain growers.
Kowalski Recruitment (KR) is seeking two enthusiastic, highly motivated Business Development and Commercialisation Managers, with excellent leadership capabilities, and formal qualifications in science or agricultural science to become an integral part of the Business Development Team. You will be reporting to the Head of Business Development with responsibility for assisting in identifying and developing new opportunities for commercial partnerships, technology commercialisation and investment for the delivery of R&D outcomes to growers.
- Proactively develop productive working relationships with research partners and industry with a focus on identifying commercial partnerships and delivery of IP;
- Contribute to the attraction of private sector co-investment for commercial research outcomes.
- Negotiating and facilitating the delivery of GRDC-funded Project IP across the private and public sectors nationally and internationally to ensure effective and efficient delivery of R&D outputs.
- Supporting an R&D portfolio through provision of technical and commercial project assessment and the development of business cases that support such investments.;
- Ensure that IP is managed appropriately, in a manner that supports the specific delivery path, ensuring risks and opportunities are effectively administered;
- Provide expert technical advice to Senior Managers to develop strategic responses to regional requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant previous experience in an R&D field – a background in genetics or plant breeding would be regarded very highly;
- A degree in Science, Agricultural Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- High level, engaging communication skills with the ability to work with diverse stakeholders while promoting the work of the Business Development Team;
- Experience in negotiation, facilitation and management of diverse stakeholders;
- The ability to develop business cases for investment based on return to growers;
- Experience in the licensing and delivery of R&D outcomes to industry will be highly regarded, however applicants that are suitably technically qualified and looking to direct their career into this area will also be considered.
- A track record of being able to work autonomously as part of a geographically dispersed team.
How you will be rewarded for your valued contribution
Known for its team culture the GRDC encourages and inspires excellence. You will be welcomed as part of a high-performing forward-thinking team who thrive in a dynamic, flexible and autonomous work environment. You will receive a highly competitive remuneration package, performance-based pay and excellent opportunities for professional development.
Does this sound like you?
To obtain the position description, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for the position, write a one-page cover letter (against the position requirements) outlining why you are the best person for the role, and attach your most current CV. If you have any questions about the position before applying, please call Adam Kowalski on 02 6230 6636. Applications close on 15 June 2020.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Jun 2020
- $113k - $138k + super acccording to experience
- Work Type:
- Full Time