About the role
The Director Data Analytics will lead AFSA’s analytical capability through trusted advice, integrity of data, analysis and statistical modelling to generate data-driven insights on macroeconomic trends. This critical intel supports and informs decision-making by AFSA and key stakeholders across government organisations, academia, private sector and professional bodies. This work directly serves the Australian economy through regular release of personal insolvency and personal property securities data and insights to influence policy and achieve financial outcomes.
- trusted advisor to AFSA’s Chief Executive and AFSA’s Management Board, you will provide macroeconomic and statistical intelligence to enhance our forecasting ability and decision making
- thought leader, you will represent AFSA in statistical and economic communities of practice to provide contemporary insights into best practice modelling and analytics
To be successful in this role you will have:
- demonstrated success applying your expertise in macroeconomic analysis and modelling, ideally within the financial services sector
- exceptional communication and analytical skills, with a track record of interpreting and illustrating data and insights in innovative ways to diverse audiences
- high level consultancy and advisory skills, to inform and influence policy debates and outcomes
- established credibility and networks as a statistician or macroeconomic analyst in both, domestic and international forums.
- qualifications in statistics
The Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) is responsible for managing the application of bankruptcy and personal property securities laws through the delivery of personal insolvency and trustee, regulation and enforcement and personal property securities services.
This is an opportunity to be part of a high performing innovative team committed to delivering value to our clients and stakeholders to support sustainable financial outcomes within the Australian economy. You will have the opportunity to actively participate in learning and professional development through leadership networking and knowledge sharing opportunities.
AFSA values diversity and employee wellbeing and fosters an environment where different perspectives and capabilities are recognised. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
You will enjoy excellent conditions including generous superannuation (15.4%), a modern work environment and flexibility to balance work and personal life.
Applications close on Wednesday 31 March 2021