Director Development, Fundraising and Sponsorship - [Archived Advertisement]
Ecological Society of Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
This new not-for-profit Board level position presents a unique opportunity to contribute critical skills to support a respected professional society promoting ecological research, policy and principles.
• The position of Ordinary Director – Fundraising and Sponsorship will develop the Society’s fundraising and sponsorship strategy and oversee associated fundraising and sponsorship activities with support of ESA staff.
• The position will be a member of the ESA Board under the Treasurer portfolio and report to the Financial Governance Working Group (FGWG)
• The position carries an Honorarium of $2000 pa with the potential for an additional percentage of revenue to be negotiated based on agreed targets
• Includes funded travel to attend annual ESA Board Planning Day linked to annual conference (2019 Launceston, TAS; 2020 Canberra, ACT)
The Ecological Society of Australia (ESA) is a not for profit professional membership organisation that has been promoting and coordinating ecological research and supporting professional ecologists across Australia for over 50 years.
The role of Ordinary Director (Development, Fundraising and Sponsorship) is a new role and will be a member of the ESA Board with a minimum expected term of 3 years and a maximum term of 6 years.
The Society’s current primary source of income is publishing revenue from two academic journals. The primary immediate purpose of the role is to significantly expand revenue from other sources and partnerships to enhance financial sustainability of the Society in anticipation of changes to publishing models to come into effect in 5+ years.
The responsibilities of the role are to:
• Develop a fundraising and sponsorship strategy to be implemented over the duration of the 2019/20 – 2023/24 Strategic Plan.
• Develop fundraising and sponsorship targets
• Implement the strategy supported by ESA staff and in collaboration with other ESA Board members.
• Monitor outcomes against targets
• Ongoing identification and investigation of new funding opportunities
- Identify alternative revenue streams
The Financial Governance Working Group (FGWG) oversees the financial management of the Society. FGWG membership comprises the President, Treasurer, Executive Officer, Immediate Past President or President-elect (when relevant), Treasurer-elect (when relevant), Director-Development, Fundraising & Sponsorship, and contracted Financial Management service providers or staff.
The Financial Governance Working Group meets quarterly – the Director-Fundraising & Sponsorship should provide a report to each meeting. This position would also need to attend a minimum of four online Board meetings per year and the ESA Board annual Strategic Planning Day held prior to the annual conference end November/early December. Travel and accommodation are funded by the Society. Day to day business is conducted via online meetings, email & phone.
Time required to commit to the position is estimated at an average of 1-2 days per month
The role of Ordinary Director – Development, Fundraising and Sponsorship is supported by an honorarium of $2000 p.a. Potential exists for an additional percentage of revenue to be negotiated based on agreed targets.
Please forward your application outlining your skills and experience in relation to the responsibilities of the role, your motivations in applying for the role, at least two referees, and your curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Any questions or for more information please contact our Executive Officer, Gail Spina M; 0409 279 068 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date:
- 14 Jun 2019
- Work Type: