Join the BIG W Culture and People team and make a REAL difference for families
- Join the turnaround and be part of the success story
- Senior Leadership role partnering with the Exco
- Put health and safety at the heart of our culture
What we're like
BIG W is one of Australia’s most loved brands and has been part of our families for over 40 years. At BIG W, we put our customer at the heart of everything we do across our network of 183 stores nationally. We sell exclusive BIG W brands that are simply great quality at low prices as well as feature leading international brands. Our customers can choose everything for their kids, home, themselves, for leisure and for their everyday life. Our team of over 18,000 members is located in Australia, Hong Kong and Bangladesh.
Facilitate, develop and support the BIG W Health and Safety Strategy, living true to our Purpose that we show real care for our teams, customers and communities. A vital senior leadership role, reporting into the General Manager Culture and People you will work end to end across Stores, Distribution Centers and Support Office to build strong capability, provide guidance and mentoring to senior executives to embed positive behaviours to support the Safety and Health operating disciplines. Furthermore, you will coach, mentor and develop a National team all working with the business so that Health and Safety continues to be at the heart of our culture.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and drive the National Health and Safety strategy while advising the Executive Leadership team on all Safety and Health matters,
- Partner with senior business Execuitves to provide coaching and training on all things health and safety
- Partner and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure regulatory and legislative compliance is adhered to
- Plan and manage risks in accordance with Company policies/procedures and legislations, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Oversee and contribute to the deployment of Health and Safety training
- Oversee the effective management of return to work cases and CARE principles
- Manage BIG W's Workers Compensation, keeping abreast of legislative changes and implementing changes to process/policy as needed
- Integrate and promote continued Health and Wellness initiatives across all areas of the business
This is a permanent role and based at Norwest Support Office. Interstate travel will be needed in this role.
To be successful in this role, you will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a strategic role for a large multi-site organisation
- Significant experience in the leadership of SH&W within relevant complex, multi site business environments
- A strong understanding of regulatory, compliance, legal and governance requirements in relation to SH&W matters
- Expertise and a proven track record of building effective health and safety culture models within appropriately scaled businesses driving operational excellence
- A track record of reporting on complex SH&W issues at board and senior executive level, together with the credibility to represent the company in industry forums relating to SH&W practices.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and cross-cultural management skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and influence outcomes across all levels of an organization, including at senior executive level
- A results-focused attitude with the capacity to drive successful outcomes within a matrix environment
- Unimpeachable personal and professional integrity.
We are driving inclusions so if you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive remuneration package including base, super, car allowance and bonus
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia both across BIG W and Woolworths
- Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive
- Located in Bella Vista. We have great head office facilities including free parking, on-site gym, sports courts, cafeteria, a metro store and exciting activities throughout the week
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!