Executive Manager - Cyber Uplift Program - [Archived Advertisement]
Executive Manager - Cyber Uplift Program
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
- Innovative and collaborative workplace with fantastic flexibility
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier research organisation
The Executive Manager – Cyber Uplift Program provides strategic leadership, change and stakeholder management to the Cyber Uplift Program team for IMT. The program is located within the IT Services team but will uplift all IMT services over the life of the program. The Cyber Security Uplift Program will aim to significantly improvement CSIRO’s Essential 8 maturity across IMT’s core IT functions and has been funded for the upcoming two years.
The executive manager is responsible for managing the CSIRO’s Cyber Uplift Program, the funding and project-based uplift with IMT’s service team leads and providing advice and support CSIRO business functions on matters relating to solution design, integration and user experience, whilst delivering effective solutions to supports CSIRO’s operations. Cyber Uplift Program teams are:
- Cyber Uplift Project Manager(s) - currently two project managers
- Cyber Uplift Project Support Staff – currently five assigned to the program
The Executive Manager – Cyber Uplift Program is a member of several leadership teams within IMT and Enterprise Services and as a member of these teams are expected to collaborate with peers and senior executives in the delivery of ‘business-as-usual’ IMT services, CSIRO’s strategic direction and delivery of service change via projects.
Your duties will include:
1) Strategic alignment of program
- Lead the delivery of the Cyber Uplift Program of work including program definition, planning and delivery, service alignment to CSIRO requirements.
- Partner with other key stakeholders within CSIRO Science and Enterprise Support Services to support the operations of CSIRO’s business functions.
- Develop industry relationships, both vendor and peers, to build knowledge, awareness, and ideas to support the program
2) Capability Leadership
- Manage, lead and develop a team of staff to the highest level of performance, engagement and job satisfaction and actively promote a healthy, safe, diverse and environmentally sustainable workplace
3) Resource Leadership
- Monitor financial, people and project performance as appropriate.
- Transition the long-term planning for future services delivered by the Cyber Security Uplift program team.
Location: Canberra, Black Mountain
Salary: AU$146k - AU$161k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in IT and/or equivalent experience leading enterprise-wide cyber security uplift programs implementing change for people, process and technology.
- Demonstrated expertise in the program delivery of multiple services in a large and complex organisation.
- Demonstrated experience at being at the forefront of industry direction, including influencing and shaping solutions. Along with proven record in the planning, designing, implementing and supporting new enterprise-wide solutions including the ‘generational’ change of existing services.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong and effective business relationships to shape strategic directions within a large and complex organisation and ensure alignment between client needs and business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading teams.
- A successful track record in leading and developing teams, including ensuring future resource requirements are planned for and met and creating a culture that is inclusive of staff and aligns to CSIRO values.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens Only
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
This role is not suitable for 100% Working from Home however hybrid will be considered.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
11th of January 2023, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 11 Jan 2023
- ACT - Black Mountain
- AU$146k - AU$161k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
IT & ICT