Future Protein Mission Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
Future Protein Mission Lead
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Catalyse the capability of the Mission through collaborative efforts across CSIRO and the whole innovation system
- Drive outcomes and impact for the Mission
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office
CSIRO is Australia’s National Science Agency and is one of the world’s largest and most successful publicly funded research and development organisations that delivers world-class science and outcome-focused research that generates economic, environmental, and social benefits for Australia in a global context. We have improved the lives of many around the world through our research and developments including WiFi, the Hendra Virus Vaccine, Polymer Banknotes, extended wear contact lenses, Aerogard and the Total Wellbeing Diet.
CSIRO’s Missions Program is focused on solving the six great challenges we face as a nation – our health and wellbeing, our food security and quality, our national security, the resilience of our environment, the sustainability of our energy and resources, and the future of our industries. These Missions imagine a future where we use science to amplify Australia’s global advantages and strengths. Missions, by their nature, have ambitious and far-reaching goals that are much larger than any one organisation can achieve on its own. CSIRO is working with partners to deliver each of its Missions.
CSIRO launched the Future Protein Mission in 2021. The mission aims to create and value-add $10 billion worth of nutritious and high-quality protein products to feed the world. It will use innovative science and technology to achieve this ambitious goal by 2030.
As the Mission Lead, you will oversee a multidisciplinary mission focused team and engage all stakeholders to drive progress toward issues of highest national importance. You will accelerate the pace and scale at which challenges are solved and unlock a better future for our community, our economy and the planet. The Mission Lead produces work that contributes to the overall research and development goals of CSIRO. You will use your knowledge and experience within the context of the Australian Agrifood sector and respect amongst stakeholders to act as the figurehead and go-to person for this topic.
Your duties will include:
- Be an ambassador for the Future Protein mission to external stakeholders, a visible presence to industry, research sector and government stakeholders.
- Lead the planning, strategy and delivery of major scientific and collaborative research programs within the Future Protein mission aimed at making significant, high impact breakthroughs.
- Integrate a multi-disciplinary team using an influential leadership ability and a strong governance of interests among the diverse team.
- Work with partners across the innovation system around shared goals that can only be solved through large-scale collaborative programs.
- Build and maintain collaborative networks across industry, government, the research sector and community.
Location: Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra or Perth preferred. Other locations may be considered
Salary: Attractive salary package plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Proven track record of building and leading a complex, high-impact research program including co-designing goals and developing and implementing strategy.
- Proven track record of effective internal and external stakeholder engagement and strategic relationship management that grows new research partnerships and opportunities for future outcomes
- Experience in developing innovation and impact in the agrifood sector, including developing strategy informed by impact opportunity and industry gaps
- Proven track record of program/portfolio management to support delivery of major scientific and collaborative research programs.
- Evidence of an entrepreneurial approach through commercial / industry experience closely linked to innovation.
- Proven ability to work with ambiguity and bring clarity to complex issues.
- Ability to prepare compelling written submissions that document the business case and roadmap.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must currently hold a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
28 November 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 28 Nov 2022
- Attractive salary package plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: