Executive Manager HSE
Executive Manager HSE
- Can you develop and drive strategic HSE programs to enhance well-being and safety?
- Want to drive the development of innovative, best practice solutions to HSE risks?
- Apply today to join CSIRO and help us make safety personal!
CSIRO Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) partners with all levels of the organisation coaching and influencing to make HSE personal. They provide future focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and HSE culture. This improvement is driven by the key internal and external relationships.
The HSE Executive Business Partner Environment, Energy and Resources (EER) reports to the HSE Director. This role is responsible for proactively partnering with, coaching and positively influencing CSIRO’s operational line management and HSE manager and advisors to deliver HSE goals to broader organisational goals. The Executive Business Partner will provide tailored support and coordinate the consistent delivery of Improving HSE outcomes and metrics, HSE activities and initiatives for all business units across regions and the wider organisation. This role will work closely with the Environment, Energy and Resources Executive and will also provide focussed HSE support to the Oceans & Atmosphere business unit.
Your duties will include:
- Driving the development and implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategic plan to deliver a step change improvement in the organisations HSE performance through an innovative, consistent HSE approach while embracing CSIRO’s unique needs.
- Building and maintaining strong and partnering relationships with EER and Business Unit Executive teams, customers, and stakeholders through developing a deep understanding of their respective needs to enable the development and delivery of HSE priorities and initiatives, with a focus on consistent practices embedded across the organisation.
- Building, motivating and leading successful teams working across multiple sites with ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships and influence positive, consistent HSE outcomes.
- Developing, influencing, and contributing to cohesive, collaborative, and innovative senior management within CSIRO leadership and the HSE function, ensuring seamless and proactive connection between all areas of HSE and the organisation more broadly.
- Overseeing HSE resourcing requirements across multiple operational sites to deliver the HSE Plan and consider requests for support.
- Leading development and implementation of the evolving CSIRO HSE culture change program and leading by example, acknowledging and promoting key desired behaviours to enable the growth of a high performing, positive and proactive HSE culture across the organisation, with an emphasis on a consistent, organisational approach to HSE.
Location: Brisbane, QLD; Canberra, ACT; Darwin, NT; Hobart, TAS; Melbourne, VIC; Newcastle, NSW; Perth, WA; Sydney, NSW; Townsville, QLD
Salary: AU$139,166k - AU$153,975k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications such as HSE or risk management, with at least 10 years of demonstrated experience in leading HSE management within large or complex organisations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, codes of practice, and standards with experience in influencing and effecting impactful HSE changes in team culture in alignment with the strategic direction of the organisation.
- A significant record of innovation and creativity in HSE, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate and/or promote the inclusion of novel ideas and approaches into the organisation.
- A track record in enabling positive organisational change, by adapting strategies, goals, and priorities, and driving culture change in health and safety. Demonstrated ability to embrace ambiguity and positively persist towards an end goal.
- Collaborative leadership skills and the ability to & lead remotely – utilising collective leadership skills to create connection across all teams within the HSE function and with other stakeholders.
- Experience in collaboratively sharing and utilising team resources to provide a seamless and organisational approach to the delivery of the HSE strategy.
- A proven ability to coach and be the trusted advisor to leaders by influencing a positive culture where HSE is prioritised and considered ensuring alignment between client needs.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Wednesday 29 September 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 29 Sep 2021
- AU$139,166k - AU$153,975k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time