- Are you a leader in the education industry with high level business acumen?
- Provide leadership & strategic direction for CSIRO Education and Outreach
- Join CSIRO and lift Australia’s capacity and capability in STEM
One of CSIRO’s 4 key strategic objectives is to mobilise and develop the best talent for the benefit of Australia – we do this by promoting science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) capability, development and education.
The Director CSIRO Education and Outreach, (CSIRO Education & Outreach) drives the achievement of this objective, leading a team of over 80 staff that aims to lift Australia’s capacity and capability in STEM by providing impactful STEM programs and resources for teachers, students, and the wider community.
Your duties will include:
- Deliver a highly professional, customer focussed education business aligned to CSIRO’s strategy.
- Build CSIRO Education & Outreach’s functional capability by leading and developing a professional team. Foster innovation in the team and a culture where staff can reach their full potential, undertaking coaching, mentoring and development, performance management and issues management.
- Collaboratively build and maintain extensive networks internally and externally to CSIRO and foster partnerships, pursuing opportunities for expansion and growth for CSIRO Education & Outreach.
- Use your understanding of CSIRO’s business and knowledge of the educational industry sector to identify and exploit opportunities of strategic significance, including the development of new business and negotiating complex deals for new and developing programs.
- Be responsible for providing high-level strategic and tactical advice for CSIRO Education & Outreach, managing organisational compliance with legal and statutory responsibilities with significant organisational implications.
- Represent CSIRO Education & Outreach on behalf of CSIRO with external stakeholders (including federal and state governments, education forums, corporations and philanthropic organisations) to provide advice and to promote CSIRO’s education capability to ensure the CSIRO is well placed to meet its objectives.
Location: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra preferred; other major cities also considered
Salary: Attractive remuneration package will be offered
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Deep knowledge and experience in the education industry with high level business acumen, supported by relevant tertiary degrees in Education, Science or Business.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver large-scale programs professionally and successfully.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage high performance teams creating a culture that encourages new ideas, fosters innovative problem solving, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
- A strong record of leadership which builds trust and provides support for the development of emerging skills, including providing coaching and mentoring, influencing staff in observing corporate and professional standards.
- Capability to provide high level strategic leadership, encompassing innovative strategic planning and implementation, calculating risk, problem solving and effective resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain high trust, respected and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines at all levels of the organisation and with external stakeholders within a complex and ambiguous environment to achieve a successful outcome.
- Experience working in a scientific or research organisation is desirable
For full details about this role please view the position Description
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
- This role has child safety obligations. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to obtain or provide evidence that they hold a working with children check prior to confirmation of appointment.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Monday 14 December 2020, 11:00pm AEDT