- Are you an experienced, client-focused project manager?
- Help transform Australia's Synthetic Biology research capability
- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation!
The Project Manager will provide project management support to the Synthetic Biology Future Science Platform (SynBio FSP), hosted in CSIRO Land and Water.
Future Science Platforms are an investment in science that underpins innovation and that has the potential to help reinvent and create new industries for Australia. FSPs will see us grow the capability of a new generation of researchers and will allow Australia to attract the best students and experts to work with us on future science. They are strategic investments aimed at developing capacity in areas of identified future importance for Australia. FSPs are both impact and science focused, developing innovative scientific solutions with industry, government and university partners. They support world class, coherent and creative research teams which integrate science and delivery over the long term, looking to the future science needs of CSIRO and our partners with a 5 to 10 year vision.
Your duties will include
- Support the SynBioFSP Director and Application Domain Leaders by managing the administration of the SynBioFSP project portfolio.
- Build relationships with Project Leaders to support their milestone delivery as per their project plans, contracts schedules, reporting requirements, budgets and administration as required.
- Interacts with a wide range of Internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective project management is delivered.
- Maintain the active projects databases, newsletter and partners contact lists.
Location: Dutton Park, QLD preferred (other locations may be considered)
Salary: AU $97,276 to AU $105,269 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 years specified term
To be successful you will need
- A relevant scientific/engineering/management degree or equivalent experience in a similar technical domain.
- A Certificate or tertiary qualification in Project Management or equivalent experience.
- Proven project management ability, resulting in the successful delivery of complex projects with multiple stakeholders to time, budget and scope.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including high quality written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, dispersed project team, and to communicate with staff and stakeholders across a broad range of technical areas.
- The ability to effectively manage a number of competing priorities simultaneously, and carry out non-routine tasks independently.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday March 31, 2019