- Collaborate with researchers & engineers on new innovative machine learning projects
- Work with data to gain insights into real world problems
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a data scientist to work in their Graph Analytics Engineering area.
As the successful candidate you will be involved in interpreting client problems, collecting and cleaning datasets, performing statistical analysis, building machine learning models, summarising results and communicating to different audiences. You will be involved in looking deeply into new machine learning methods such as graph based machine learning, deep learning for entity resolution, and model interpretability.
This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with successful candidate either holding or having the ability to obtain a Negative Vetting 1, Australian Government security clearance.
Your duties will include
- Using machine learning and statistical methods on data to solve problems.
- Designing and developing software for graph machine learning, entity resolution and model interpretability.
- Collaborating with external customers to understand problems and their data, and working on-site to implement practical solutions.
- Communicating results and insights to audiences with differing technical backgrounds.
Location: Black Mountain ACT
Salary: AU$134,421 - AU$148,725 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until June 2020
To be successful you will need
- Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience in data science.
- Experience solving problems using quantitative approaches on real-world data.
- Good communication skills, the ability to present results to different audiences.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, R, MatLab, C, C++, Java, Scala
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 31 March 2019 at 11.59pm AEST