- Are you interested in science and engineering research?
- Are you an effective leader of a team or legal practice?
- Join CSIRO, and make a difference.
As the General Counsel you will be a member of CSIRO’s Governance function and will be responsible for leading the Enterprise Legal Team with eight direct reports. You will provide strategic advice on major issues for CSIRO which have a significant legal component and oversee major litigation and dispute resolution matters.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Team management
- Client relationships
- Practice improvement
- Continuous development
- Collaboration internally and externally
Location: Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne preferred
Salary: An attractive salary package negotiable
Reference Number: General Counsel
Term: Three years with the potential to renew
To be successful you will have:
- An Australian law degree or comparable overseas qualifications.
- A current Australian unrestricted practicing certificate or entitlement to obtain this.
- At least 12 years post admission experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal practice.
- Experience building and leading a high performance legal team and fosters innovative problem solving.
- Experience building and maintaining strong professional and collaborative working relationships.
- Knowledge and experience implementing contemporary high-level governance, legal and commercial principles as they apply to large, complex organisations.
- The ability to drive change and continuous improvement.
- High levels of oral and written communication.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Find out more: click on Position Details and visit www.csiro.au
Please apply on line via the Apply link or at www.csiro.au/careers under Current Vacancies and load one PDF document containing your cover letter and CV.
Closing date: 19 April, 2018.