Managing Director Veterinary R&D - [Archived Advertisement]
Rimfire Resources (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Veterinary contract research
- Leading private R&D company
- Flexible location
Invetus is the largest Australasian veterinary contract research organisation with sites in Australia and New Zealand, of which Armidale and Casino NSW are their largest facilities. Invetus’ research work encompasses production and companion animals, as well as parasitology services and entomology studies.
Invetus’ core strengths are the independence, expertise and experience of their people, the application of best practice methodology, and the integration of processes with a range of partners to drive efficiency. Their client base encompasses major global animal health and biotechnology organisations, farmers, veterinarians, government, industry bodies and universities.
With the planned retirement of the founding Director, Invetus now seek a Managing Director to lead the company and continue the growth and success of the organisation.
The Managing Director is responsible and accountable for the overall profitable, safe and effective operations of Invetus in Australia and New Zealand and will take primary responsibility for setting the direction and tone of Invetus, as a role model for Invetus Values. The MD will lead a professional team (around 70 people) in ensuring staffing, facilities, animals, processes and procedures are sufficient to ensure research results are delivered on time, on budget and in accordance with project requirements. The MD will also lead Invetus’ business development with current and future clients and inspire a culture of innovation and extension across the business.
We are keen to hear from you if you possess the following:
- A background in animal health, ideally as a veterinarian and clinical experience gained with an animal health company or research institution
- Proven high level leadership – a team builder - bringing people and groups along to deliver business outcomes
- Business management skills in finance, strategy, corporate governance and risk management, and the drive and passion for business development
- A strong professional network within the animal health industry - commercial, academic and research
- Forward thinking and creative, with a focus on innovation and delivery, along with the ability to perform in complex environments
This is an outstanding opportunity with a highly regarded R&D veterinary organisation, as it looks to further grow its business in Australia and internationally. Location is flexible within reason with Armidale the preferred location, and a commencement date of early 2019.
To enquire please phone Sharon Moloney on 1300 380 701 or apply via www.rimfireresources.com.au
QLD - Armidale
NSW - Armidale
- Work Type:
- Full Time