Chief Digital Health Officer
NSW Ministry of Health (View other jobs from this organisation)
Chief Digital Health Officer
Executive Band 1
Northern Sydney Local Health District and Central Coast Local Health District
- An exciting opportunity is available for a dynamic and motivated individual to transform Information and Communication Technology (ICT) services across Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD) and Central Coast Local Health District (CCLHD).
- If you are interested in implementing strategy, priorities, enterprise architecture and standards for digital health and ICT to support the delivery of safe, effective, efficient and connected health care to the people of NSW – apply now.
This role will be located in St Leonards, NSW.
The Chief Digital Health Officer leads, plans, and directs the management of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) across two large metropolitan Local Health Districts, Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD) and Central Coast Local Health District (CCLHD). The role provides strategic leadership and management of all ICT staff, infrastructure, systems and District ICT services to support the customer focused delivery of safe, effective, efficient and connected health care.
For further information, download the Candidate Information Pack which includes the Role Description.
Applying for this Role
You are required to submit a one page covering letter, including a short statement in response to the two targeted questions below:
- Advancing our technological and digital health capabilities will be a significant priority over the next 5 years. Please provide examples of your experience in leading complex portfolios, at an executive level, to effect positive change for patients and staff in a digital healthcare environment.
- Describe your experience in leading and managing complex strategic ICT priorities across multiple organisations and stakeholders at all levels, including interactions with Chief Executives, Boards, and senior clinicians. How did you develop and manage relationships, balance expectations and enhance partnerships?
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Management and/or demonstrated equivalent knowledge, experience and expertise in health service delivery, across a diverse range of care sectors, advocating for positive change in a broad range of community and government forums
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 1, Health Service Senior Executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $213,716 - $237,346 per annum, with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Please contact Pam Lubrainschik, Managing Consultant, Ccentric Group on 0452 295 088 or at email@example.com should you have any additional questions about the role.
Please click here to apply for the advert through the Health Career Portal (search by job reference number REQ329501).
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
COVID-19 vaccination is now a mandatory requirement for all NSW Health employees. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status upon joining to support this recruitment process.
- The selection methods for this role are in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 and employment arrangements for the NSW public sector.
- Applicants must respond to the two targeted questions and submit an up to date resume. For further guidance, refer to Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate their proficiency in the capabilities outlined in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine their suitability for appointment. For further information, refer to the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework.
- To be eligible for employment, you must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen;
- A permanent resident of Australia;
- A New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport; or
- A citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia.
- You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia; and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia.
- Relevant standard screening checks will be undertaken following interviews e.g. National Police Check, Service Checks, Proof of ID etc.
- Click here for information on NSW Health
Applications close: Sunday 21 August 2022 (11:59PM)
- Closing Date:
- 21 Aug 2022
- NSW - St Leonards
- Package range of $213,716 - $237,346 pa
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health & Medical
IT & ICT