Head of Finance Partnering - [Archived Advertisement]
Transurban (View other jobs from this organisation)
Head of Finance Partnering
The more informed we are about what is happening on our roads, and within the functional areas that support them, the better we can plan for the future. Due to steady growth and an evolving complex finance function, we have recently adapted our operating model to equip us for the next phase.
As such, we have created the position of Head of Finance Partnering, a key leadership position partnering with the Group Executive, supporting and actively influencing the Customer and Technology functions where you’ll be the conduit between finance and the business to aid in strategic decisions. You’ll provide a consolidated story on all financial matters through a commercial lens, with the overall business strategy in mind.
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll be the champion of our new operating model, leading the partnering team, cultivating successful relationships and building credibility with senior management and Executives
- You’ll work collaboratively with our Finance and Business Services teams to deliver insightful reports and analysis to support business decision making
- You’ll always be striving to do things better, working with the team to identify and then execute key commercial business improvement initiatives
The talents you’ll bring:
- You’ll bring a future focused, commercial mindset to the business, underpinned by your sound knowledge of finance, standards and methodologies
- You’ll bring the right blend of commercial acumen and technical skills, with the ability to identify and analyse key drivers, communicating financial impacts and influencing business decisions
- Ideally, you’ll have experience in supporting a technology (and/or) customer business unit within a corporate with a large customer base (such as retail energy providers, health insurance, telecommunications etc)
- You’ll be passionate about the Customer, and have the ability to advocate and drive the customer lens, bringing their perspective through to finance
- A true leader, you’ll have prior success in managing a team through times of significant change, and be excited by the impact you can make as a change agent
- A natural builder of relationships, you’ll enjoy getting on the front foot, embedding yourself in the business and gaining the confidence of senior and executive managers
- You’ll think bigger and always look for better solutions and ways of working, with a knack for framing your responses and actions with the broader business context front of mind
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we’re building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We’re making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We’re getting people where they’re going. And we’re doing it faster, smarter and safer, every last one of us.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!
Transurban is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Oct 2020
- VIC - Docklands
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Banking & Finance
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation