Coburg Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street CoburgPermanent Full Time
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous, progressive and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced leader who is future focused and collaborative, with a track record of delivering results. You will be a key player in leading, developing and delivering Council’s urban design projects with a focus on innovation and excellence. You will be politically astute and demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships that support the delivery of high quality urban design projects.
Moreland’s Urban Design team comprises 7 officers who have delivered innovative and award-winning projects. They deliver Council projects from design through to construction as well as being at the centre of achieving better development outcomes through design advice and use of digital technologies to better engage with our community.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Urban design for Moreland’s Place Management programs, Structure Plans, Activity Centres, shopping strips and other places
- Forecasting new projects for input into the capital works program
- Delivery and promotion of digital technology for consultation, engagement, decision making and Council projects
- Oversee the team’s delivery of timely advice on planning permit applications and strategic planning and place making projects
- Oversee preparation of annual budget and service unit plan
- Maintaining a programmed approach to continuous improvement in planning systems and service delivery
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Degree level qualifications in urban design, architecture, landscape architecture or a related discipline
- Experience working at a senior level in urban design, focussing on delivery of high quality, sustainable urban design and revitalisation of better places in a dynamic urban environment experiencing rapid population growth
- Ability to provide leadership, supervise and manage a Service Unit and cross functional teams
- Demonstrated experience in the management of complex urban design projects
- Excellent report and submission writing and oral communication skills, including community consultation skills and representing Council in forums e.g. VCAT, Panel Hearings
- Excellent CAD, graphic design and modelling skills as relevant to urban design
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Opportunity to work within a large and talented team
For further information please contact Narelle Jennings on 9240 1243.
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 29 September 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse
Enquiries: Narelle JenningsPh: 0413599526Applications Close: 22/09/2019To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.