- Senior leadership role
- Take the lead in high profile community projects
Banyule City Council is a diverse and unique municipality. Banyule defines a resident's dream of access to recreational and cultural pursuits all within easy access to Melbourne CBD. We offer great sporting facilities, beautiful parklands, and rich in cultural history as well as host to a fantastic art, culture and events program.
With the recent appointment of a new CEO this is an exciting time to be working at Banyule. Reporting to the Director Community Programs, this role will be front and centre in leading large scale recreation, leisure & cultural projects and overseeing the management of a range of facilities within the community. Utilizing your depth of knowledge and experience you will support and strengthen the health and wellbeing of the Banyule Community.
To be successful in this role you will have
- Knowledge of commercial/business principles, and an ability to manage contracts
- Evidence of implementing major change projects
- Proven track record of leading the successful client side delivery of major capital work projects
- Experience in the development of high performance teams
- Highly developed communication, project management and problem solving skills
- Proven competencies in responsible financial management and corporate governance
- Experience in establishing strong partnerships
- Proven track record of managing high profile and community projects and services
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
- Opportunity to collaborate with a highly skilled Senior Management Team
- Lead a dynamic leisure and culture team
- Access to quality learning and development opportunities and a great range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Greensborough location
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Lisa Raywood Acting Director Community Programs Tel: 9457 9923 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Friday 28 February 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.