The Director, Ministerial and Executive Services provides leadership, strategic direction, management and expert advice on briefings, parliamentary matters, submissions and correspondence. This includes liaison and negotiation with key external and internal stakeholders including senior executives and Ministerial Offices. This role also manages the coordination of briefings for the Commissioner for national meetings.
- Lead the allocation, coordination and preparation of ministerial and Commissioner correspondence, briefings, meeting papers, discussion papers, reports and other documentation as required.
- Provide strategic advice and counsel on complex issues to the Ministerial Office, the NSWPF executive leadership team, and key stakeholders.
- Oversight, manage, allocate and supervise work of the Ministerial and Executive Services unit to ensure delivery of services within required timeframes.
- Ensure that written material submitted to the Commissioner and Minister is accurate, appropriate and consistent with policy and legislation.
- Develop strong and effective relationships with key operational and functional areas within the NSWPF in order to provide accurate, timely and strategic information and advice.
- Implement and maintain quality assurance measures and protocols to ensure high standards of content.
- Lead and drive team management, work planning, coaching and professional development initiatives to align resources and deliver priorities.
- Identifying, and understanding issues, competing interests and priorities to ensure that the Executive Director, Executive and Minister are fully briefed.
- Coordinating complex briefings across all Commands and managing a very high volume of information requests.
- Managing complex and politically sensitive documents and briefings in a high-profile environment.
- Public Sector Senior Executive - Band 1
- Ongoing Full-Time
Essential requirements - applicants must:
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must meet one of the following statuses:
- Obtain and maintain the requisite security clearance for this role and;
- Tertiary qualification in Social Policy, Public Administration, Management or demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience with ongoing professional development.
Applications from Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged.
- an Australian Citizen
- a permanent Australian resident or citizen of New Zealand
For your application to be considered, you must:
Please do not attach copies of Qualifications, Certificates or documentation (other than a Resume/CV) - you can bring these if called for interview.
- attach a cover letter;
- attach an up-to-date CV/Resume; and
- address each of the Target Questions in the text boxes provided in the online application or attach as a separate document. Please limit your response to no more than 1 page per question.
Prior to commencement, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a rigorous National Police (criminal history) Check and obtain and maintain a Security Clearance as determined by the NSW Police Force
Applications can only be submitted electronically online via the I Work for NSW website.
For information on applying for roles with the NSW Police Force click here
To view or download the Role Description click here
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: MONDAY 16 DECEMBER 2019 at 11.59 pm