EL1 Assistant Director, ICT Operations - [Archived Advertisement]
Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (View other jobs from this organisation)
EL1 Assistant Director, ICT Operations
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is the national end-to-end regulator of aged care services and the primary point of contact for consumers and providers in relation to quality and safety. Our vision is to support a world-class aged care system driven by empowered consumers who enjoy the best possible quality of life.
We aim to build confidence and trust in aged care, empower consumers, promote best practice service provision, promote quality standards and hold providers to account for their performance against the expected standards of care. We seek to promote an aged care system that develops safer systems of care, inculcates a culture of safety and quality, and learns from mistakes, while providing the oversight that can assure the community that aged care services are operating as they should, including working on continuous improvement.
The Assistant Director of ICT Operations will be required to work collaboratively with all areas in the Digital team and clients in the Commission. The role will provide technical services and leadership and some onsite support possibly in offices located interstate. The successful applicant will need to work autonomously in a geographically dispersed team environment, apply initiative and possess strong client service skills and technical competency.
A basic understanding of ITIL and industry best practices in cyber safety is important as well as ICT technical skills.
- Ensure that all requests (Service, Tasks and Incidents) are managed in a timely manner and using the service management tool
- Actively drive and coordinate incident and problem resolution and system restoration where required
- Responsible for maintaining the Infrastructure/Network/Server/Back up for Cloud and on prem Services for the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
- Planning, conducting and monitoring proactive maintenance activities required to ensure ongoing stable system operations and management of system availability.
- Oversee root cause analysis and problem rectification, including system changes required to prevent a recurrence of the incident.
- Plan, develop and enhance automated processes to release new solutions into the live environment in a timely, repeatable fashion.
- The ability to bring new ideas and innovation to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
- Reviewing technical documentation to ensure that applications and other key services can be maintained by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
- Management and coordination of project rollouts and environment changes through an approve Change Management process
- Provide input to regular reports on system availability, useability, performance, Patch management, overall Endpoint Security vulnerabilities, root causes and other measurements
- Engagement and planning of technical resources for ICT Operations on ICT related projects
- Collaborating with IT Security to enhance Cyber Security and Hardening of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission environment
Position Eligibility Requirements
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to analyse and resolve complex issues and enquiries from stakeholders and provide information and advice as a representative of the Digital team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate openly and effectively and to build strong professional relationships with staff, stakeholders and clients at all levels and across boundaries together with excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Highly-developed written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to influence and interact in an effective way and communicate information coherently and concisely to audiences with a range of backgrounds
- Experience in the creation and development of technical documentation, including System designs, Knowledge base, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and other documentation relating to the governance of a system.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality work to tight timeframes.
- Understanding of Essential 8/PSPF in how they relate the Government regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating system, domain and Azure administration
- Eligibility for baseline level security clearance.
Salary offered will be between $109,853 and $125,288 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
*Note; these figures do not include the newly agreed APS Enterprise Agreement bargaining pay offer.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check and acquire and maintain Baseline minimum. For more information please visit www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps
In your application, please provide a statement of claims against the Eligibility Requirements in no more than 600 words.
Merit Pool established through this selection process may be used to fill this or future Ongoing vacancies.
How to Apply?
- Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
- Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
- As part of your application you will be requested to complete a statement of claim and attach your Resume. Cover letter is optional
- Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete an online application form and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers/current-vacancies by 11:59pm (AEST) on Monday 26th February 2024.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or email@example.com for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the role can be directed to Toby Harvey by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with Position title in the subject line.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Commission is committed to fostering a workplace with flexible work arrangements to support a diverse, respectful and inclusive culture for all staff.
The Commission recognises the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and is committed to the implementation of our Reconciliation Action Plan. The Commission values the unique knowledge and experience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees which strengthens and supports our focus on protecting and enhancing the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of aged care consumers.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code/factsheet-4 and http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Feb 2024
- VIC - Melbourne
- $109,853 and $125,288 per annum + 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
IT & ICT
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 1