Assistant Director, ICT Strategic Projects and Engagement - [Archived Advertisement]
Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (View other jobs from this organisation)
Assistant Director, ICT Strategic Projects and Engagement
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is the national end-to-end regulator of aged care services and the primary point of contact for consumers and providers in relation to quality and safety. Our vision is to support a world-class aged care system driven by empowered consumers who enjoy the best possible quality of life.
We aim to build confidence and trust in aged care, empower consumers, promote best practice service provision, promote quality standards and hold providers to account for their performance against the expected standards of care. We seek to promote an aged care system that develops safer systems of care, inculcates a culture of safety and quality, and learns from mistakes, while providing the oversight that can assure the community that aged care services are operating as they should, including working on continuous improvement.
To lead our ICT strategic project function, with transparency and compassion, to inform and empower our stakeholders. The role will also lead ICT business continuity planning and user engagement activities such as education, awareness campaigns and digital knowledge management.
- Active engagement with the business to understand ICT requirements, issues and pain points. Work with ICT teams to remediate and communicate with the business.
- Maintain and improve open engagement with staff, stakeholders and partners to keep all parties aware of needs and high value delivery activities
- Improve business efficiency and minimise business risk by leading the development of strategic project management and engagement strategies.
- Ensure production of both structured and ad-hoc reports, memos, policies, procedures and analysis on ICT engagement, continuity and project performance.
- Work Planning to ensure that all ICT projects align with strategic objectives and expected outcomes are communicated.
- Manage agreed governance frameworks to ensure all ICT programs are delivered to achieve the required business outcomes for the Agency.
- Budgets are developed, managed and reported on in conjunction with Finance teams for all activities under responsibility.
- Participate and lead projects that enhance the Agency’s ICT knowledge and customer service capabilities.
- Provide mentoring, performance, development and workflow of permanent and/or temporary direct report(s) so that resources are adequately allocated work and that tasks are completed on time and staff members are coached and developed.
- Deliver the Digital Strategy in consultation with the Director, ICT Operations.
Position Eligibility Requirements
- Experience in the management of delivery programs under common project frameworks
- Technical knowledge, skills and understanding of communication, continuity, knowledge and user engagement activities
- Experience in managing a team of internal and external resources in the delivery of ICT services
- Effective communications, problem solving and decision-making skills with an ability to lead by example
- Understanding of Australian Government ICT Security policies or equivalent Industry best practices
- Relevant qualifications in ICT or Business and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Eligible for Baseline Clearance
Salary offered will be between $109,853 and $125,288 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check. For more information please visit www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps
In your application please provide a statement of claims against the Eligibility Requirements in no more than 600 words.
Merit Pool established through this selection process may be used to fill this or future Ongoing vacancies.
How to Apply?
- Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
- Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
- As part of your application you will be requested to complete a statement of claim and attach your Resume. Cover letter is optional
- Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete an online application form and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers/current-vacancies by 11:59pm (AEST) on 30 September 2023.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the role can be directed to Toby Harvey by emailing Toby.Harvey@agedcarequality.gov.au with Position title in the subject line.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Commission is committed to fostering a workplace with flexible work arrangements to support a diverse, respectful and inclusive culture for all staff.
The Commission recognises the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and is committed to the implementation of our Reconciliation Action Plan. The Commission values the unique knowledge and experience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees which strengthens and supports our focus on protecting and enhancing the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of aged care consumers.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code/factsheet-4 and http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Sep 2023
- ACT - Canberra
- $109,853 and $125,288 + 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
IT & ICT
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 1