ICT Project Manager, Clerk Grade 9/10, Wollongong - [Archived Advertisement]
NSW State Emergency Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
ICT Project Manager, Clerk Grade 9/10, Wollongong
- Location: Wollongong
- Full Time - Temporary role up to two years with a possibility of an extension
- Flexible work arrangements including hybrid working conditions from the office and home
- Great role for someone with strong ICT project management experience
- Work in a volunteer-based agency supporting communities of NSW
- Attractive salary up to $128,061 plus super and leave loading.
About the opportunity
The NSW SES is increasing its Zone establishment from five Zones across the State, to seven, with a new Zone in North-eastern and North-western NSW. A program of work is underway to establish these new Zones, and this role will play a critical part in the ICT infrastructure development. The role will provide high level project management of the ICT workstreams relating to the NSW SES Local Investment in Facilities and Teams Program.
This role will be responsible for managing the risk, quality, and progress of ICT projects to organizational standards, and ensures projects are completed on time, on budget, to quality standards and within agreed scope.
About the NSW SES
Our Mission: NSW SES saving lives and creating safer communities.
Our Vision: A trusted volunteer-based emergency service, working together to deliver excellence in community preparedness and emergency response.
The NSW State Emergency Service (NSW SES) is an emergency and rescue service made up almost entirely of volunteers and supported by a small staff contingent. NSW SES is a key influencer of other emergency service agencies and works closely with these partners to modernise and grow volunteering to save lives and protect communities.
While major responsibilities are for flood, storm operations and tsunamis, the NSW SES also provides the majority of general rescue effort in the rural parts of the state. This includes road accident rescue, vertical rescue, bush search and rescue, evidence searches (both metropolitan and rural), other forms of specialist rescue that may be required due to local threats, Urban Search and Rescue, and Community First Response.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have experience in building and maintaining key internal and external stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to engage stakeholders and ensure project deliverables are met
- have demonstrated experience in managing a project and utilising practices and project management methodology to deliver large projects
- be experienced in managing projects involving the design, development and procurement of ICT Infrastructure or similar capital items.
What we can offer you
- Flexible work options working within operational requirements
- Mental Health & Wellbeing programs and services
- Operational and leadership training and development opportunities via LinkedIn Learning and other training avenues to build and maintain skills
- Comprehensive immunisation programs including the flu vaccine
- Opportunities to build invaluable relationships across emergency service agencies, emergency service committees and other government and community organisations
- A total remuneration package of up to $143,223 (salary + super and leave loading)
How to apply
Your application should include as separate attachments:
- A cover letter (maximum of one page) briefly responding to the essential requirements and your interest in the role.
- Responses to each of the targeted questions (maximum of one page per answer); and
- An up-to-date resume of no more than four pages detailing your skills and experience relevant to the role.
Find out more
The role description is available here.
To find out more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact David Leffley, Senior Manager Operational Support on 0477 722 860.
A recruitment pool may be created to fill similar roles for both ongoing and temporary opportunities if they arise.
Applications close: 11.59pm, Sunday 5 February 2023
- Closing Date:
- 05 Feb 2023
- NSW - Wollongong
- total remuneration package of up to $143,223 (salary + super and leave loading)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
IT & ICT