Manager Staff Safety and Risk - [Archived Advertisement]
Hunter New England Local Health District (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager Staff Safety and Risk
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Health Manager Level 4
Remuneration: $137,173 - $163,431 per annum + superannuation + a great range of salary packaging options designed to reduce your taxable income and increase your take-home pay!)
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ447401
Location: Waratah Campus (Newcastle, NSW)
Who we are:
Hunter New England Health (HNE Health) proudly provides a wide range of public health services to the Hunter, New England, and Lower Mid North Coast regions of New South Wales. Our staff provide exceptional care and support across 27 hospitals, 11 multipurpose centres and 43 community health clinics, as well as mental health, children, oral health, and drugs and alcohol clinical services.
With a dedication to Excellence – Every Patient, Every Time, our people strive to make a genuine difference to the health and wellbeing of the diverse communities we serve, working together to achieve our vision of 'Healthy People: now and into the future'.
The Hunter New England Local Health District landscape is distinct, unique, and impressive, incorporating stunning coastlines, magnificent mountain ranges and rich agricultural plains. We are the only district in New South Wales with a major metropolitan centre, several large regional centres, and in addition many smaller rural centres and remote communities within its borders.
Learn more about us here: HNE Health (nsw.gov.au)
Your new role:
Reporting to the Director Workforce, in this high-level role you will lead, motivate, and oversee our Safety, Recovery at Work, and Health Liability teams and drive appropriate, proactive, and responsive policies, procedures, and actions to ensure the Safety and Risk Unit meets its core responsibilities.
A varied and interesting role, you’ll be called upon for your expertise and working knowledge of Work Health and Safety, Risk Management, Health Liability, Workers Compensation, Coronial matters, Insurance, and more.
Leading and developing the capability of your teams through coaching and advising, you will foster best practice and effective performance and effectively manage change to achieve required outcomes. Your role will involve developing and leading projects aimed at improving strategic objectives and initiatives to improve performance, as well as analysing and interpreting complex information in the preparation of reports.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a person of influence in our organisation, as you collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to oversee the development, implementation and review of relevant policies and program.
Where you'll be working:
You’ll be leading a fantastic a team that enjoys a cohesive and positive culture, where people support each other and enjoy a range of social activities!
This role is based at our Waratah Campus, located in Newcastle NSW.
Free parking is available on-site and we are also within close walking distance of public transport. Our Waratah Campus employees enjoy working within walking distance to shops, essential services, and great coffee! Learn more about Newcastle here.
This role will involve some travel across our beautiful District. You’ll have access to our fleet vehicles for work-related travel.
- You’re an experienced people manager and motivated leader seeking your next challenge in a high-level role within a large, complex organisation.
- Passionate, knowledgeable, and with previous experience and sound working knowledge across a broad range of key areas including work health and safety, workers compensation, risk management, and insurance claims, health liability, and coronial matters.
- Applicants who are strong in some of the above key areas such as WHS and workers compensation, but with limited experience in health liability and/or coronial matters are encouraged to apply.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (preferred) and/or equivalent experience e.g. Bachelor degree majoring in OHS, Graduate Certificate, other relevant Diploma or Certifications. Applicants with a legal or healthcare background would be highly regarded, however this is not essential.
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills and ability to influence at all levels.
- Sound analytical and reporting skills.
- Love of coaching and fostering growth and development of staff
- Superior organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines, while working towards customer and business focussed solutions.
If you think this sounds like you – reach out for a chat or apply now!
Why join HNE Health?
- Hunter New England Local Health District (HNELHD) is a great place to expand your career and grow your skills and knowledge. As a recognised leader in the healthcare industry we provide a range of public health services to the Hunter, New England and Lower Mid North Coast. Being the largest employer in the region we can offer salary packaging options, educational opportunities, and support from a broad network of health professionals. With CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment your professional life is provided every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession. Working with HNE Health gives you access to a great range of benefits:
- ADO's each month (for full time employees)
- 4 weeks annual leave (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Superannuation contributions
- Salary packaging options that reduce your taxable income and increase your take home pay!
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- Opportunity to work and collaborate with a range of non-clinical and clinical professionals
- Sustainable Healthcare: Together towards zero
- Proximity to shopping and other services
Need more information?
- Click here for the Position Description
- Find out more about applying for this position
- For role related queries or questions contact Kim Nguyen via Kim.Nguyen@health.nsw.gov.au or (02) 4921 4928.
Ready to apply?
Click ‘Apply' and follow the prompts. As part of your application, you will be asked to:
- Attach a cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience
- Provide a written response to four (4) questions
Closing date: 11:59PM Sunday 26th November, 2023
- Closing Date:
- 26 Nov 2023
- NSW - Newcastle
- Remuneration: $137,173 - $163,431 per annum + superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health & Medical