This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role will report to our CEO, Andrew George and work closely with the Executive team to maximise performance, efficiency and digital transformation opportunities within the WaterNSW IT infrastructure and digital technology areas, balancing technical and stakeholder requirements.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life. Your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our precious water resources and critical infrastructure , that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development
- Generous short term incentive package
- Attractive remuneration
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership to the CEO, Board and organisation on digital strategy and related initiatives, balancing current requirements while creating common understanding of the WaterNSW digital future.
- Deliver the Digital Transformation Strategy in collaboration with the other portfolios and drive digital transformation projects in close collaboration with the executives and portfolio business leaders.
- Lead the development, delivery and tracking of digital projects, partnering with the buisness portfolios to generate accountability and ownership of solutions.
- Ensure optimal performance of the core IT infrastructure – systems, data, policy and cyber security to support WaterNSW reliability and access objectives.
- Lead the provision of responsive, high performing and technically proficient IT support services for WaterNSW.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in leading an information technology division within a utility, highly regulated business or state/ government environment.
- Proven experience in communicating strategic directions to best facilitate buy-in and alignment within all levels of an organisation
- Experience in leading a digital transformation agenda at an enterprise level
- A collaborative and excellent communicator.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT, or related field
- 10+ years in progressive IT leadership, including CIO roles.
- Demonstrated experience in leading technology transformations and implementing digital innovation strategies
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a track record of building high-performance teams and fostering a collaborative and inclusive culture
How we will support you:
When it comes to working in an office, we support a hybrid approach.
We trust our people to get the job done and we enjoy flexibility in a way that works for our individual roles, teams and work environments – above all, ensuring we deliver as a business.
We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer and are committed to providing equal opportunities for women. Visit our WORK180 page to access our benefits and career development opportunities https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/waternsw
More about our team/ culture:
We connect in order to build culture, support growth, and achieve together, as well as supporting psychosocial safety.
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, infrastructure operator and comprehensive provider of customer services for licensing, water trades and water information.
For more information, please reach out to: Talent Acquisition Partner - Azmine Amer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click for Position Description - Please note this can only be accessed on the WaterNSW Careers Page.
You must have full work rights in Australia to qualify for all positions at WaterNSW.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Note for applications:
Please detail the following in your Cover Letter:
- Describe your experience in leading digital transformation initiatives at an enterprise level- from ideation to implementation
- Describe your experience in developing Cyber Security strategies within an organization with critical infrastructure
- Describe your experience in managing stakeholders in the executive level and any examples of influencing key strategic decisions for the technology function in an organization
- Describe your experience in leading an information technology division within a utility, highly regulated business or state/ government environment.