General Manager Operations - People & Culture - [Archived Advertisement]
Melbourne Racing Club (View other jobs from this organisation)
General Manager Operations - People & Culture
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Hospitality, Events, and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown), and Mornington Racecourses, we own 14 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
Reporting to the Executive Director – People & Culture, MRC has a rare opportunity for a full-time permanent General Manager Operations - People & Culture to join the People & Culture Team. This role will lead and support the operations of the P&C team including reporting, employee relations, Payroll, and the Shared Services function. The role is responsible for compliance, reporting obligations and all facets of administration relating to the employee life cycle. Specifically, this role will be pivotal in assisting with Award interpretation, time and attendance, payroll as well as providing strong support to the project team as we work toward implementing an HRIS system.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Ensure all facets of Employee Relations advice, Award interpretation and EBA process management are delivered in accordance with industrial regulatory frameworks and employer obligations.
- Ensure efficient and high-quality customer service is provided by the Payroll and Shared Services teams by escalating workload impacts on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), optimising processes across teams, and developing customer-centric teams.
- Ensure optimal use of Payroll and Shared Services systems and processes through continual improvements in SOPs, new system implementation, and reporting of metrics and trends.
- Ensure effective management of key Payroll and Shared Services processes and requests including recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, P&C general advice requests, compliance training administration and P&C employee life cycle documentation administration.
- Ensure the Payroll and Shared Services teams are supported and engaged in their roles by managing workloads, supporting development, and focusing on wellness initiatives.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in P&C operational roles
- Tertiary qualifications in P&C or related field
- Strong understanding of regulatory frameworks relating to employment and employer obligations
- Experience with systems reporting and advanced Excel
- Experience with Payroll processes and obligations
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Judgement, discretion, and ethics regarding confidential issues
- Ability to positively influence, negotiate and resolve conflicts
- Numerate, with attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work-life balance.
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation wide DRIVE Development program.
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family.
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events.
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station.
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave.
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion, and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below.
- VIC - Caulfield
- Work Type:
- Full Time
HR & Recruitment