Strategy Manager, Missions Delivery - [Archived Advertisement]
Strategy Manager, Missions Delivery
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Guide the development and delivery of strategy for CSIRO's mission-directed research
- Influence initiatives that have a national impact!
- Join the Missions Program Office today and help us solves Australia's greatest challenges!
If you are experienced in guiding and enabling the development and implementation of strategy, problem solving and removing barriers to delivery, with a collaborative approach and the ability to influence, then we would love to hear from you!
CSIRO has embarked on a program to scale its mission-directed research activities to accelerate our capacity to solve the greatest challenges at scale through collaborative programs enabled by investments in digital, future science and tech, data and our people.
To deliver on this mandate, CSIRO has established the Strategic Delivery Group, which encompasses the Missions Program and innovation programs and support functions. Strategic Delivery is a centre of best practice for initiative design, integrated insights and analysis, performance and implementation coordination.
CSIRO’s Strategic Delivery Group is seeking a Strategy Manager to support the Executive Manager – Missions Delivery, to guide the strategic development and delivery of mission-oriented initiatives to achieve maximum impact towards national challenges.
Your duties will include:
- Providing strategic guidance to cross-disciplinary mission teams through the life-cycle from ideation, exploration, and planning, to launch and delivery of impact.
- Analysing and assessing missions’ development and performance and providing feedback to strengthen their strategies and optimise impact.
- Developing an understanding of the sector policy and market context in which the Mission’s portfolio is operating.
- Ensuring examples of mission-led innovation and emerging good practices are identified, documented and disseminated, and that insights about mission development and implementation inform continuous improvement.
- Working with CSIRO’s research and science business units and corporate functions to enable mission development to deliver on the broader organisational strategy, and contributing to, and influencing organisational policy and action.
- Contributing to a purposeful, innovative and collaborative team culture that encourages growth and fosters diversity.
- Demonstrating exceptional people management and interpersonal skills to optimise relationships with Mission teams and influencing key stakeholders to support, invest in and advocate for Missions.
Location: CSIRO Sites in: Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Melbourne, Brisbane preferred.
A hybrid working environment is available.
Salary: AU$121k - AU$142K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in a relevant area such as research/ innovation strategy, planning and portfolio/program management.
- Significant relevant experience guiding the development of strategy and supporting the delivery of multidisciplinary, cross-business projects.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level strategic analysis on existing operations, recognise opportunities, and provide high quality guidance in a complex organisation to optimise outcomes.
- Proven ability to adapt and deliver results in an environment of high ambiguity and support multiple initiatives across a large complex organisation.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills, including experience working across diverse teams and large organisations.
- Proven project management, decision-making and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task, produce rapid results and remain composed under pressure.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
27 September 2023, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 27 Sep 2023
- AU$121k - AU$142K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Consulting, Strategy & Planning