Research Scientist in Quantum Algorithms and Applications - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Scientist in Quantum Algorithms and Applications
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier research organisation
- Collaborative, flexible, innovative workplace that values you and your career development
- Endless opportunities to grow & develop your career
In your role of the Research Scientist/Engineer staff is to conduct innovative research leading to scientific achievements that are aligned with CSIRO’s strategies. The Research Scientist/Engineer may be engaged in scientific activity ranging from fundamental research to the investigation of specific industry or community problems. The Research Scientist/Engineer will have the opportunity to build and maintain networks, play a lead role in securing project funds, provide scientific leadership and pursue new ideas and approaches that create new concepts.
The Research Scientist will be appointed on a position leading to an indefinite role. The candidate will work within Data61’s Quantum Systems Team and also closely interact with the Future Science Platform Quantum Technology.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out innovative, impactful research on the development of quantum algorithms and simulations that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Recognise and exploit opportunities of quantum algorithms, security and applications, and progress opportunities for the further development or creation of new lines of research.
- Build strategic relationships within the QT FSP, as well as industry and academic partners.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the team, QT FSP, and across CSIRO.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals, for client reports and granting of patents.
- Conduct technical presentation at conferences or relevant events.
- Develop research protypes and demonstrate at conferences or relevant events.
- Utilise design thinking methodology to plan and prepare research proposals, and apply non-academic impact methodology to research projects
Location: Clayton Victoria and Marsfield, Sydney NSW
Salary: AU$121455 - AU$142321 per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD (or an equivalent combination of qualifications and research experience) in a relevant field such as Physics, Computer Science, and Quantum Computing.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake original, creative and innovative research by generating and pursuing novel ideas and solutions to scientific research problems.
- A demonstrated publication history of authorship on scientific papers in peer reviewed journals and/or reports, grant applications or inventorship on patent applications.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, including the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
6th October 2023
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 06 Oct 2023
- AU$121455 - AU$142321 per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
IT & ICT