Program Manager - Regional Health Partnerships
Program Manager - Regional Health Partnerships
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Foster collaboration in the design and delivery of projects
- Establish & implement program governance & management
- Contribute to enhancing regional & Australian health preparedness
If you are a strategic leader with exceptional stakeholder engagement experience, seeking an opportunity to create impact for a great cause, this may be an excellent role for you.
Our Strategic Partnerships Group within CSIRO Growth are seeking a Program Manager – Regional Health Partnerships, to support the Global Growth team. This diverse opportunity will play a significant role supporting Infectious Disease Resilience.
You will leverage on your strong interpersonal skills to connect with partner organisations, while implementing project objectives to build capacity of Pacific and Southeast Asian nations to tackle emerging and endemic infectious diseases as a strategy for enhancing regional and Australian health preparedness.
This stimulating opportunity will allow you to take responsibility for completing and overseeing project reporting, monitoring and evaluation and financial management; identification and coordination of research which complement project objectives may also be included where possible.
Your duties will include:
- Strategic development and management of the Regional Health Partnership.
- Fostering cross CSIRO collaboration in the design and delivery of projects.
- Establishing and implementing program governance and management approaches inclusive of internal and external stakeholders.
- Engaging with relevant government agencies to ensure objectives are aligned and responding to industry needs and government policy, as well as the political, social and organisational environment.
- Implementing program level work packages or practices to improve the efficiency of program delivery and amplify the impact of program activity.
- Developing ongoing performance metrics and reporting for program work packages including outcomes delivery assessment and interventions for performance related issues.
- Providing leadership on key stakeholder management structures and stakeholder engagement activity to support discovery of growth and impact opportunity.
- Demonstrating excellence in program management practices including budget planning and financial management.
Location: CSIRO Sites in ACT, NSW, VIC, QLD, SA and WA will be considered.
Salary: AU$121,455 to $142,321 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 5 years
To be considered you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in program management and a Tertiary qualification in either a Science and/or Business discipline.
- Proven experience managing, implementing, and delivering successful research or development programs.
- Experience in navigating through and with large complex organisations and bureaucracies, overcoming barriers and roadblocks to build awareness and strategic engagement.
- Experience in the development and delivery of whole of organisation programs and outcomes that are consistent with Australia’s domestic policy positions.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and develop strong stakeholder relationships, engage effectively, and align with multiple organisations and maintaining strong professional and collaborative working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated exceptional organisational skills, ability to multi-task, coordinate complex scheduling and execute activities within required timeframes and to the clients’ expectations.
- High level interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to prepare project reports, document and critique results and evaluation data, communicate effectively and build relationships with colleagues and clients from diverse cultural backgrounds in order to meet project goals and timelines.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 level.
ACDP - Security Assessment and Microbiological Security Requirements for Personnel Working on the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP) Site.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
7 June 2023, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 07 Jun 2023
- AU$121,455 to $142,321 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time