Commercialisation Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Benefit Australia’s industries, environment & the community!
- Lead commercialisation initiatives for CSIRO’s Environment business
- Be part of one of Australia's premier commercialisation teams
As a Commercialisation Manager working primarily with CSIRO’s Environment Business Unit , you will have a significant role, helping to translate deep environmental science into the decision ready information and tools, and products and services, that can underpin new ventures, or that can be licensed to support existing industries and the community, and ultimately deliver impact for CSIRO and Australia.
Your exceptional stakeholder engagement skills will see you thrive in this role, as you work closely with the business unit’s research programs, and leadership, including colleagues in business development, and with investors, entrepreneurs, and others in the national innovation ecosystem.
This unique opportunity is within CSIRO’s Commercialisation Team, one of the premier commercialisation teams in Australia. The team works within the organisation and collaboratively with industry, investors and others in the national innovation ecosystem, to translate CSIRO’s science and technology into real world impact.
Your duties will include:
- Working collaboratively with CSIRO’s Environment Business Unit and the broader business development and growth team, to identify, develop, and execute commercial strategies for a range of Environment’s technologies, data and services to maximise their potential impact and return.
- Establishing networks with relevant investors (including financial, philanthropic and impact), industry and technology partners and customers, entrepreneurs and other supporters, and leveraging those networks in creating and executing technology commercialisation strategies.
- Leading and negotiating commercialisation transactions, including licensing and the creation of new ventures, and collaborating on a wide range of commercial initiatives.
- Developing deep and trusted relationships as a team player across CSIRO and with researchers, investors, partners and customers.
- Crafting compelling commercial narratives around CSIRO's science and technology.
Location: CSIRO Sites in major cities will be considered.
Salary: AU $146,207 to $161,767 + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Experience in identifying and curating a portfolio of commercialisation opportunities, and in developing, supporting and executing on strategies to incubate, accelerate, and ultimately commercialise science and technology.
- A track record of achieving commercialisation outcomes, and experience in developing business models and sourcing funding, and leading and negotiating commercialisation transactions (for example, licensing and the creation of new ventures and companies).
- Demonstrated results in utilising strong business acumen and leveraging internal and external networks.
- Professional networks in the finance, venture capital, innovation and/or entrepreneurial community.
- Excellent and effective communication skills and an ability to craft a compelling narrative around science and technology.
- Demonstrated ability to build deep trusted relationships and to work collaboratively across a large, complex organisation to deliver results.
- Tertiary qualifications such as a degree in science or engineering and post graduate business qualification and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience in operating principles of start-ups or small businesses, technology acceleration/incubation, or product management, with a demonstrated track record of supporting ideas from concept to market to achieve outcomes, expertise or experience in marine, atmospheric, water and terrestrial environment disciplines, and expertise or experience in supporting digital or data products from concept to market is desirable.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
4 June 2023, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 04 Jun 2023
- AU $146,207 to $161,767 + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time