Executive Manager, Business Development - [Archived Advertisement]
Executive Manager, Business Development
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Lead a team to actively identify and create impactful enterprise level connections
- Drive large scale commercial partnerships with global and national institutions
- Support ground-breaking science within CSIRO
CSIRO Growth are seeking an Executive Manager, Business Development (EMBD) to lead the Future Industries (FI) sector which encompasses the Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL), Agriculture & Food (A&F), Health & Biosecurity, Manufacturing and Science Connect.
The EMBD forms part of the Customer team within Growth, which comprises more than 80 professionals who enable the business units to achieve impact and financial targets through opportunity development and management, pipeline management, managing customer relationships, and creating cross-organisational customer opportunities.
As the Executive Manager, Business Development – Future Industries, you will be tasked with overseeing the Business Development team creating pipelines of opportunities and external revenue in FI Business Unit strategic growth or core focus areas, increase participation in multi-year, multi-BU programs or projects (“fewer, bigger”), and explore new business models to deliver BU, Sector, and enterprise targets.
This is a rewarding opportunity to where you will be a key member of the Customer leadership team and makes significant contributions to the development, activation, and communication of organisation wide BD strategies, initiatives, and best practices.
You will be responsible for Customer related stakeholder management within the Sector including the Executive Director, the Business Unit Directors, and other key members of the Sector Leadership Team. Your position will report to the Director, Customer.
Your duties will include:
- Provide strategic advice, market research, and business intelligence to the Sector ED for evaluation and planning of CSIRO Strategy, growth opportunities, revenue pipelines, and enterprise performance targets.
- Lead and implement Growth priorities in the Sector to achieve impact and revenue growth aligned with Sector needs, BU opportunities, and Missions.
- Support the Director, Customer in partnering with the Board and Executive Team for successful delivery.
- Develop strong relationships with senior executives and external stakeholders in key strategic markets to create revenue and impact opportunities.
- Identify and create impactful enterprise-level connections and partnerships.
- Execute strategically aligned partnerships and projects, including large and complex ones, on behalf of the organization.
- Build a high-performing, empowered team that embraces customer service, problem-solving, responsiveness, continuous improvement, and accountability.
- Collaborate with other Growth functions and Enterprise Services to enable organizational success while maintaining role clarity and accountability.
- Support business improvement and change management projects within the Sector, enhancing organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Location: Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Adelaide
Salary: Attractive salary package available
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles, ideally with postgraduate managerial qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a portfolio of strategic relationships with key clients and partners to meet strategic and financial objectives, in line with CSIRO’s Corporate Plan.
- Demonstrated ability to design, facilitate and execute future focussed strategic business development initiatives, as well as driving alignment across BD&G teams, scientists and clients– delivering results that are impactful and aligned to CSIRO’s Corporate Plan.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience that can be applied to leading a team through significant change, engaging the team and providing a unified goal and strategy for them to align themselves and their teams.
- Demonstrated experience to build and maintain strong professional and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines at all levels of the organisation and externally, proactively seek and influence multiple key stakeholders, within a complex and ambiguous environment, to achieve a successful outcome.
- Demonstrated experience in building a high performing team, providing coaching and development opportunities across the breadth and depth of a complex team that delivers high standards in service delivery as well as technical output, proven ability to hold a team accountable to specified results, as well as creating a culture that fosters innovative problem solving, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 28 May 2023, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 28 May 2023
- Attractive salary package available
- Work Type: