Intellectual Property Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Intellectual Property Manager
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Join a collaborative & high performing team
- Contribute high level expertise & understanding for a broad range of IP issues
- Support commercialisation strategies to achieve revenue targets at CSIRO
CSIRO Commercial are seeking an IP Manager to join the team! You will play a significant role providing IP support specifically to CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit! This is an exciting opportunity to also engage across CSIRO to provide support for CSIRO's Future Science Platforms and Missions too!
You will be responsible for the effective delivery of IP services by providing advice to senior managers and scientists.
Success will see you leading a broad range of activities, including the provision of timely IP portfolio management and advice on IP exploitation strategies for effective collaboration with government, regulatory bodies and industry partners.
Your duties will include:
- Working as part of the Commercial team in building and exploiting IP assets.
- Engaging with Research Program Leaders and technical staff in identifying, developing, protecting and managing IP assets.
- Providing proactive specialist IP advice and support to internal stakeholders.
- Actively managing relationships with external clients, stakeholders and service providers, including external legal counsel and patent attorneys.
- Developing a strong and trusted advisor relationship with internal and external stakeholders and promoting strategies to streamline engagement, where appropriate and legally prudent.
Location: CSIRO Sites Melbourne and Sydney preferred.
Salary: AU$121,455 to $142,321 p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year Specified Term
To be considered you will need:
- Registered Patent Attorney or IP Manager with experience in the following areas: patent law and practice, confidential information, trade secrets and IP dispute resolution.
- A degree in chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Demonstrated achievement in advisory or managerial roles in relation to capture and exploitation of registered IP.
- Ability to work independently, providing pragmatic solutions in managing and exploiting intellectual property.
- A strong history of establishing and working effectively in teams, builds trust and provides support for the development of IP skills in CSIRO, acting as trusted advisers, fostering effective external client relationships, and ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s interests.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to foster and develop strong relationships in cross functional teams across the organisation and with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to generate improved solutions to highly complex problems and resolve complaints using creativity, reasoning and experience.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
28 May 2023, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 28 May 2023
- AU$121,455 to $142,321 p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Intellectual Property (IP)