Strategic Operations Director - Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness - [Archived Advertisement]
Strategic Operations Director - Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Fantastic leadership role with an organisation delivering vital scientific research into emerging infectious diseases
- Provide strategic best-practice leadership to a national world-class facility – ACDP
- Strategically assist ACDP and CSIRO achieve their goals and purpose
CSIRO is Australia’s National Science Agency and one of the world’s largest and most successful research and development (R&D) organisations. We have improved the lives of many around the world through our R&D including WiFi, the Hendra Virus Vaccine, Aerogard and the Total Wellbeing Diet. With over 50 locations across Australia and internationally, CSIRO solves the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology to deliver economic, environmental and social benefits for Australia in a global context.
The Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness - CSIRO is Australia’s highest level of biocontainment (BC4) within a purpose-built biosecurity facility in Victoria, providing the Australian Government and Industry groups with advice on exotic and emerging disease issues, threats and outbreaks in the general areas of biosecurity and counter-bioterrorism including Japanese encephalitis and COVID-19.
Reporting to the Business Unit Director ACDP, the Strategic Operations Director forms a key member of the ACDP leadership team and will be responsible for forming and implementing the long-term strategy for the operation of the Facility while effectively managing the Facility budget. Ensuring the Facility operations align to legislative and regulatory compliance; risk mitigation; high quality standards and best-practice governance will be key.
The Director will also promote the scientific services and national benefits of ACDP to third parties; identify or enhance and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and national infrastructure funders while providing input into the facility refurbishment plans, thus contributing to the future of this national facility.
Concurrently, the Director will provide empowering leadership and support to highly specialised operations teams via their Managers, ensuring a collaborative culture and the continuation of high-quality outcomes are maintained.
Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia – Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness
Salary: AUD $174k - $219k plus up to 15.4% super, based on experience and negotiable for the right candidate
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years - Full-time
We are seeking a Director with:
- experience managing a large complex facility ensuring alignment to legislative and regulatory compliance; risk mitigation; quality standards and best-practice governance.
- strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to form and maintain credible relationships with key stakeholders.
- proven people leadership and experience driving high performance and a positive team culture.
- experience establishing and operationalising a visionary strategy.
- strong business acumen, a results-oriented approach and formidable financial skills coupled with a proven track record leading “best practice” collaborative change.
- demonstrated experience and achievement in a senior leadership role in animal or public health, biological sciences or related area, ideally with postgraduate managerial qualifications.
- a degree qualification or experience in either biorisk management, QA, laboratory animal management or WHS (held in high regard)
For more information, please view the position description
Applications are open to all candidates. Visa sponsorship will be provided if required. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Australian Government Security Clearance at NV 1 level and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line with a CV and cover letter that outlines your motivations for applying and your key skills and experience to enable you to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 4th June, 2023 (11pm Australian Eastern Standard Time)
We encourage early applications as we reserve the right to close the advertising early if we find our desired candidate.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Jun 2023
- VIC - Geelong
- AUD $174k - $219k plus up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health & Medical