Cyber Security Assurance Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
Cyber Security Assurance Lead
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
- Innovative and collaborative workplace with fantastic flexibility
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier research organisation
The role will be part of the Cyber Resilience team and will be prioritised to provide Cyber assurance and compliance capabilities to the Digital Support for Labs program.
Digital Support for Labs is the part of the Labs of the Future program that will bring an enterprise-wide, secure and sustainable digital evolution to the labs owned and run by CSIRO. The program will develop digital solutions for labs that integrate lab equipment with IT systems in a way that is cyber safe and compliant with international standards and regulatory requirements. The solutions will be standardised across all (or most) CSIRO labs, to make it easier for researchers, instruments, and data to move between labs; and to streamline IMT (Information Management & Technology) support.
The activities performed by the candidate will require clear understanding of the business, cyber security, technologies, and culture to be successful in the role
We are seeking a highly adaptable, analytical and a self-motivated candidate, who will work well in a fast-paced and complex environment, whilst managing competing priorities under the direction of Cyber Resilience leadership.
Your duties will include:
The role will provide the cyber assurance capabilities to the Digital Support for Labs program as part of the Cyber Security Resilience Team in accordance with applicable CSIRO Policies, including but not limited to:
- Lead and provide general cyber security guidance (e.g., initiate discussions to support security activity project planning) to the program;
- Perform compliance audits, gap assessments and security risk assessments on solutions against common cyber security best practices and provide recommendations that would help guide those solutions to meet their intended target state;
- Manage and/or perform security reviews of Digital Support for Labs Program vendors’ security maturity in order to identify possible supply chain security risks and advise on any possible security risk mitigations;
- Perform contract reviews to improve the security within a contract when engaging third parties, and to identify potential security issues and make recommendations when security obligations are being set either party within a contract;
- Perform quality reviews of security deliverables in accordance with the team’s quality assurance processes
Location: Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide or Perth (Negotiable)
Salary: AU$121,455 - AU$142,321 per annum plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of security business requirements that meet security compliance requirements (e.g., ISO 27001, Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM)), best practice standards (e.g., NIST frameworks and special publications), and/or risk-based needs.
- Demonstrated experience in the definition, design, and assisting in the implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate against the risks of cyber-attacks across digital services and enterprise applications.
- Demonstrated experience in developing cyber security documentation including risk assessments reports, presentations, executive briefs and other relevant artefacts.
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis and resolution of complex technical and cyber security issues while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative and productive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Good understanding of Australian Privacy Principles and data governance principles.
- Demonstrated experience in scoping and conducting compliance / risk assessments in certified lab environments.
- Good understanding of regulations, industry standards, and leading practices related the area of operational risks specifically in lab type environments e.g. ISO IEC 17025, ISO 15189, ISO 9001, ISO 13485.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens Only
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday, 23 April 2023, 11:00pm AEST
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed,
Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 23 Apr 2023
- AU$121,455 - AU$142,321 per annum plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
IT & ICT