Project Manager - Laboratory Services - [Archived Advertisement]
Project Manager - Laboratory Services
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the areas that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Provide high quality support to researchers at the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness
- Draw on your strong attention to detail in this independent, client-facing role
- Foster positive partnerships across CSIRO and externally
The Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP) is a high-containment facility designed for research on Australia’s emerging infectious disease threats. As the Project Manager – Laboratory Services, you will provide proactive, hands-on research support to ACDP scientific staff to ensure projects meet milestones and required regulatory standards. Working directly with clients, research staff and the facility, you will undertake direct negotiation of project costings, establish project plans, coordinate project team meetings and oversee the reporting of results.
Liaising closely with a range of stakeholders from researchers and students to pharmaceutical companies and government, your initial focus will be on the management of ACDP’s adventitious agent testing. Going forward, it is expected that the scope will expand to include other service areas such as agent inactivation testing and diagnostic test validation.
The appointee must be able to meet ACDP microbiological security and security assessment requirements.
In this role you will:
- Directly liaise with clients to scope projects, provide testing quotations, establish projects and manage financial and project reporting.
- Develop relationships with major clients and manage the reporting of results.
- Collaborate with ACDP scientific staff to ensure that project testing schedules and costings are accurate.
- Foster positive partnerships and collaborations across ACDP and CSIRO.
- Coordinate regular meetings of staff involved in adventitious agent testing and other relevant service areas.
- Maintain a catalogue of current tests and prices and manage regular updates of testing procedures.
- Manage and provide oversight of the development and validation of new tests for adventitious agent testing.
- Follow all CSIRO and ACDP guidelines to ensure adherence to governance and compliance requirements.
- Liaise with clients to determine their needs and tailor solutions to potentially conflicting requirements.
- Represent ACDP at relevant external and internal forums.
Location: Geelong – Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP), VIC
Salary: AU$121k to AU$142k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years – Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as virology, veterinary sciences, molecular biology, biotechnology or similar.
- Proven experience in laboratory diagnosis of microbial infections.
- Experience in all aspects of project management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), and excellent attention to detail.
- Proven capacity for innovation and creativity with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Experience working effectively with diverse stakeholders.
To see the full list of criteria for this role, please view the Position Details
- Applications are open to Australian Citizens only.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent, and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
- VIC - Geelong
- AU$121k to AU$142k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Health & Medical