Intellectual Property Manager - Digital Technologies - [Archived Advertisement]
Intellectual Property Manager - Digital Technologies
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- An ongoing opportunity in a flexible/hybrid working environment
- Offer specialised advice for a diverse range of stakeholders
- Provide IP support for world class Science & Research at CSIRO!
Play a significant role providing Intellectual Property (IP) advice to manager and scientists across CSIRO.
As the IP Manager, you will provide timely IP portfolio management and advice on IP exploitation strategies for effective collaboration with government, regulatory bodies and industry partners.
This is a diverse and interesting role which allows you to manager a range of matters, including but not limited to, the development and implementation of IP policy, assisting with IP litigation and dispute resolution, and driving IP internal education initiatives across the organisation and contributing to the professional development and expertise of IP and cross-functional teams.
Your duties will include:
- Working as part of the Commercial team in building and exploiting IP assets.
- Engaging with Research Program Leaders and technical staff in identifying, developing, protecting and managing IP assets, including conducting large scale data and software audits.
- Working collaboratively in deal teams undertaking Business Development or Commercial activities in developing effective IP exploitation strategies.
- Actively managing relationships with external clients, stakeholders and service providers, including external legal counsel and patent attorneys.
- Making a strong contribution to advising key internal client teams in feeding the opportunities pipeline and contributing to converting these to achieve revenue targets and achieving impact.
- Developing a strong and trusted advisor relationship with internal and external stakeholders. Promoting strategies to streamline engagement, where appropriate and legally prudent.
Location: CSIRO Sites in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne preferred. Other locations may be considered.
Salary: AU $121,455 to $142,321 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or significant demonstrable experience in software development.
- Demonstrated ability in advising on software and data licensing issues, including Open-Source Compliance risks.
- Demonstrated achievement in advisory or managerial roles in relation to capture and exploitation of registered IP.
- Ability to work independently, providing pragmatic solutions in managing and exploiting intellectual property.
- A strong history of establishing and working effectively in teams, builds trust and provides support for the development of IP skills in CSIRO, acting as trusted advisers, fostering effective external client relationships, and ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s interests.
Desirable experience & knowledge:
- A Legal Degree and/or Registered Patent Attorney
- Proven ability to conduct software and data audits in complex transactions.
- Proven track record in preparing Intellectual Property Strategies to support.
- Commercialisation of Software Assets.
- Previous experience in an in-house IP management role will be highly desirable.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
6 February 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 06 Feb 2023
- AU $121,455 to $142,321 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
IT & ICT