Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager - Quantum Technologies - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager - Quantum Technologies
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join CSIRO and make the impossible possible!
- Bring your quantum technologies experience to team CSIRO!
- Supportive, flexible hybrid work environment
Join team CSIRO in this newly created role which is a part of our Government and National Priority team within the Strategic Partnerships and Growth portfolio. As our new Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager, Quantum Technologies you will lead and champion collaboration and coordination between CSIRO, industry and government stakeholders including Department of Industry, Science and Resources at a federal level, you will be pivotal in securing a strategic position and relevance in the emerging quantum industry.
We are seeking an experienced senior business development and partnerships manager to meet the expanding needs of quantum technologies across CSIRO. This will see you develop and implement our quantum strategy, drive engagement and establishment of quantum technologies across the organisation and the fast-growing Quantum Technologies Future Science Platform (QT-FSP).
You will Support the One CSIRO approach to Quantum technologies and work closely with the Chief Scientist and the FSP Director, along with relevant CSIRO Business Units (BUs) and other key partners to identify research-led projects that enable CSIRO to access resources, provide strategic advice to Australia Government on quantum strategy and develop unique research collaborations with universities both domestically and internationally.
If this sounds like the challenge you’ve looking for to start this new year, why wait? Apply now!
Your duties will include:
- The role will support both the development of CSRIO’s quantum strategy, in line with the National Quantum Strategy, including external engagements, and the negotiation and execution of strategic projects and partnership agreements. These projects and agreements will have a focus on appropriate and sustainable IP arrangements that will allow quantum to integrate across the organisation’s objectives.
- Lead strategic, long term industry engagement for quantum and build deep relationships with SME’s, start-ups and large multi-nationals who have quantum computing capability.
- Internally, the Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager will work with the FSP Director and across the organisation to help identify and grow the internal footprint and potential for impact of quantum technologies. For example, setting up co-design or end-user workshops to help raise awareness and educate on quantum technologies, and identify prospective collaborations and projects.
- The scope of engagement types is broad and varied which include but not limited to:
- Developing and implementing a CSIRO quantum strategy that is fully integrated with the CSIRO Challenge framework and Missions program and in liaison with the defence and national security community.
- Supporting the Australian Government at both federal as well as state and territory levels, to develop Australia’s national strategy and policy with a “one-CSIRO” quantum perspective.
- Facilitating overseas government and institutional research labs engagement, including enhancing collaboration between Australian and international science communities with a focus on priority countries.
- Engaging with small AU-based start-ups who are seeking support to develop, validate and test sovereign quantum technology.
- Working with corporates and multi-nationals to identify opportunities for collaboration for future application of quantum technologies.
- Contributing to international think tanks, multilateral bodies, and the World Economic Forum’s Quantum Computing Governance Principles.
Location: Open to locations in ACT, NSW, VIC
Salary: AU$146,207 to AU$161,767 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated senior experience in business development and engagement in an R&D or technical innovation environment across industry, the start-up community, academia (research) and government.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills with strong ability to build valuable networks, connecting and coordinating multi-stakeholder engagements and providing leadership in meetings and workshops to deliver clearly articulated outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level strategic and program management skills with the ability to analyse and solve complex problems and break down barriers to achieve program objectives in a timely manner with limited resources.
- Experience in negotiating bilateral and multilateral R&D project and partner agreements including related IP arrangements.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and align strategies in a frequently changing environment.
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in science or engineering.
- Some technical knowledge in one or more areas of Quantum Technology, such as in Quantum Computing is desirable.
- Knowledge of or contacts in the Australian or global quantum ecosystem, such as key academic institutions, industry, government, or potential end users.
- Knowledge of CSIRO’s internal structures and operations.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements. The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a Negative Vet Level 2 Australian Government Security Clearance. Existing higher level security clearances will be eligible to be maintained.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5 February 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 05 Feb 2023
- AU$146,207 to AU$161,767 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
IT & ICT