Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager - Defence and National Security - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager - Defence and National Security
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join CSIRO and make the impossible possible!
- Put your national security and defence experience to use at team CSIRO!
- Supportive, flexible hybrid work environment
We are seeking an experienced Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager to lead and coordinate CSIRO’s contribution to government national security and defence initiatives and engagements. This is a newly created Canberra-based role and is part of CSIRO’s Government and National Priority team within the Strategic Partnerships and Growth portfolio. As our new Defence and National Security Relationship Manager you will lead and champion collaboration and coordination between CSIRO and the National Security stakeholders including Department of Defence (DoD), the Defence Science Technology Group (DSTG), Department of Home Affairs and across the National Intelligence Community (NIC) at a federal level.
Having a solid foundation and experience in cross-organisational collaborations and strategic partnerships will be critical for this role You will build CSIRO’s engagement portfolio and develop organisationally endorsed future engagement plans for the defence and national security and intelligence sector to broaden and strengthen CSIRO’s presence and contribution to Australia’s national interests.
Candidates will need to have an existing negative vetting Level 2 security clearance on commencement of this position.
Your duties will include:
- Establish new and deepen existing industry networks to deliver focussed engagements across CSIRO and the broad portfolio of defence and security industry sectors including SMEs and Defence primes.
- Foster academic, university, and research institute relationships to build national science capability and increase CSIRO involvement in one-on-one and/or research consortium collaborations in the Defence and national security sector underpinned by innovative and critical technologies.
- Lead the development and implementation of a cross-defence and national security sector engagement strategy and provide high level advice and strategic direction to CSIRO Executive to ensure the strategy delivers on its objectives.
- Identify and track key performance metrics that will provide useful insights to CSIRO.
- Coordinate CSIRO contribution to whole of government national security science and technology initiatives, to prioritise requirements, provide services, advice and deliver science solutions that improve impact against CSIRO challenges.
- Provide insights into defence market needs and opportunities, effectively developing networks and utilising available business and market information to identify areas of opportunity for CSIRO.
- Develop new models for engagement and identify growth opportunities to establish a sustainable project and revenue pipeline.
- Develop a strong understanding of CSIRO strategic priorities and science capabilities relevant to the defence and national security sector.
- Understand the global defence and national security trends and translate CSIRO’s S&T capabilities to meet the needs of strategic partners and markets.
- Build and establish an expansive defence and intelligence community network across government and industry with the purpose to identify opportunities that align with CSIRO growth priorities.
- Represent CSIRO at forums with defence and national security government and industry stakeholders.
- Provide strategic advice and briefing to CSIRO’s Executive Team on CSIRO Defence and National Security Strategy.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$146,207 to AU$161,767 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles.
- Extensive experience and knowledge across the national security, defence, and defence industry sectors in Australia and internationally.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and developing meaningful business and R&D relationships in large scale organisations.
- Capability in working with executive and senior leaders, including in defence and intelligence, and the ability to provide high level critical and strategic advice, leadership and drive collaboration across both industry and government.
- Demonstrated experience to proactively seek and influence multiple key stakeholders, within a complex and ambiguous environment, to achieve a successful outcome with a focus on science impact.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, evidenced by superior reporting, presentation, and negotiation abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to formulate and execute engagement strategies leading to industry and collaborator R&D contracts.
- Demonstrated experience working with technology focused research and development organisations.
- Knowledge of CSIRO’s internal structures and operations.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements. The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 2 Australian Government Security Clearance. Existing higher level security clearances will be eligible to be maintained.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5 February 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 05 Feb 2023
- AU$146,207 to AU$161,767 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time