Strategy Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Develop and support cross-functional teams
- Become a key contributor in shaping and delivering CSIRO's enterprise strategy today!
- Flexible working arrangements available - a mix of home and office
CSIRO have a fantastic opportunity for a Strategy Manager to play a pivotal role in CSIRO’s Strategy team. As part of the wider Strategy and Planning team, you will support the development of strategy at an enterprise level, underlying key organisational priorities, and applying top-down thinking to identify and scope the strategic initiatives and investments to deliver on the same.
As the Strategy Manager you will require a passionate boundary spanner with the capacity to develop and support cross-functional teams (and external networks) to explore, plan, design, and operationalise enterprise level and priority area strategies.
A key capability for success in this role, you will bring a strong project management capability with ability to manage large, high-profile projects with multiple workstreams in a complex internal and external stakeholder environment.
Through collaboration across boundaries, frameworks and analytical support, as the Strategy Manager you will be responsible for informing strategy and investment decision-making processes and delivering transformational change across the organisation.
Your duties will include:
- Working with CSIRO leaders to develop evidence-based enterprise strategies through exceptional project management, including:
- Managing complex strategy projects from initiation to completion by developing detailed project plans, implementing along strict timelines, sourcing input from diverse contributors, integrating feedback from senior stakeholders, and achieving executive endorsement
- Gathering, analysing, and synthesising internal and external data to determine market trends and organisational capability and needs
- Facilitating workshop and consultations with research scientists across the organisation to identify market opportunities, challenges, and priorities and co-design solutions
- Actively supporting senior organisational leaders to develop strategic plans that align with organisational goals, policies, and procedures
- Leading strategic change programs by developing work plans, ensuring effective team performance, developing team members, and influencing internal and external stakeholders to achieve function goals
- Continuously reviewing, improving, and managing our annual strategic planning and investment decision making cycle to ensure enterprise strategy and aspirations are tracked, managed, and reported effectively
- Other duties as required.
Location: Flexible - Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane preferred.
Salary: AU$121k - AU$142k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years, Full-time.
To be considered you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with 5+years’ experience across disciplines, preferably in a professional services consulting firm or in corporate strategy
- Demonstrated success in managing complex high-profile projects with multiple workstreams, extensive and diverse stakeholders, and tight deadlines. Proven ability to adapt to changing contexts and deliver results in an environment of high ambiguity and complexity
- Familiar with the strategy to execution lifecycle, with experience in leading or delivering elements of the lifecycle, including program and project management experience – designing, planning, and budgeting, monitoring, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-level strategic analysis on complex topics, recognise opportunities and provide clear and concise insights to support strategic decision-making and ensure competitive advantage across a national and global market
- Exceptional oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills, with demonstrated ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships across diverse teams and large organisations
- Experience working with or within a science research agency and/or experience developing strategy and initiating multidisciplinary, cross-business projects in a research environment
- Experience in a top-tier management consulting firm or a post-graduate degree in science and technology or business administration field
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31st January 2022, 11:00pm AEDT.
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2023
- AU$121k - AU$142k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Consulting, Strategy & Planning