Australian Critical Minerals R&D Hub Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Critical Minerals R&D Hub Manager
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Demonstrate your leadership skills in this frontline role within CSIRO
- Play a vital role in implementing the strategy of the Critical Minerals R&D Hub
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
CSIRO Mineral Resources (CMR) is one of the largest minerals research and development groups globally, with a proud track record in delivering innovation and solutions across the mineral resources value chain. We thrive on innovation harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences of our team and apply our expert knowledge and specialised research to provide innovation that solves the complex problems faced by minerals companies, mining equipment, technology, and services (METS) companies, government, and other industry stakeholders.
The Australian Government committed $50.5 million over three years to establish the Australian Critical Minerals R&D Hub (the Hub), to be hosted by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) and supported by the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Agency (ANSTO) and Geoscience Australia
As the Australian Critical Minerals R&D Hub Manager, you will be leading the activities of the Hub by facilitating strong stakeholder engagement across the Australian government, industry research and a wide variety of external audiences to support, promote and inform the 2023 Critical Mineral Strategy. You will own, lead and develop the Hub team and direct them to meet the objectives of the Hub.
Your duties will include:
- Designing and developing the delivery of the Hub, through strategies and processes based on proactive insights, collaboration and actions.
- Being a trusted advisor and building relationships with senior executives and representatives across the industry, government and other stakeholders, comprising current and prospective partners.
- Fostering strategic engagement, communication and collaboration with industry partners.
- Creating clarity and influencing stakeholder commitment to successfully deliver the objectives set out in the 2022 Critical Minerals Strategy
- Proactively identifying connections and collaboration opportunities to shape and progress the strategic direction of the Hub and providing a pipeline of high potential projects suitable for funding under tranche 2.
- Inspiring internal and external stakeholders with successes, insights and learnings from industry initiatives and industry partnership successes.
- Ensuring all correspondence, presentations, internal and external reviews, and responses to information requests are reported actioned/delivered by the Hub.
- Providing strategic input into the planning and coordination of key meetings, or other events.
- Ensuring compliance with processes risk management and governance requirements, and other applicable legislative requirements for the Hub.
- Developing impact pathways, and strategic and operational plans for the Hub.
- Building a customer service culture that enables the Hub to deliver high standards of advice and fosters innovative problem solving, agile and timely responsiveness and ensures continuous improvement.
Location: Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney preferred
Salary: AU$146k – AU$161k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of up to 3 years / Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in working with the Federal Government in a trusted advisor role and a deep understanding of the workings of Government in relation to research services and IP.
- Demonstrated ability in identifying and influencing critical stakeholders by developing a portfolio of commercial relationships to deliver strategic objectives of the Hub
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to formulate and execute engagement strategies leading to industry involvement and collaboration.
- Proven ability to build a high-performing team and provide coaching and development opportunities while delivering high standards of service delivery
- Relevant degree and technical experience in conjunction with senior advisory and leadership role.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
15 January 2023, 11:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 15 Jan 2023
- AU$146k – AU$161k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Mining & Resources