Product Manager - Digital Technology (Environment) - [Archived Advertisement]
Product Manager - Digital Technology (Environment)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Apply your product development expertise & leadership skills in a multi-faceted role
- Lead digital projects focused on unpacking & solving real-world environmental challenges
- Play a vital leadership role within CSIRO and have a meaningful impact!
Are you an experienced Product Manager, with a passion for solving real-world nature-focused problems? If so, CSIRO has an excellent opportunity for you to be part of a collaborative team and make a real difference!
With environmental degradation rapidly increasing across the world, more and more consumers, organisations and decision makers are interested in frameworks and tools to better understand the changes in the world’s environmental/natural assets. In response to this, ‘Nature Positive’ is one of CSIRO’s budding start-ups that delivers solutions for natural capital accounting, Taskforce for Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD) reporting, and broader ESG reporting. ‘Nature Positive’ offers three main products:
- GUIDE: an interactive web-based platform where customers can learn Natural Capital Accounting concepts and/or navigate the myriad of CSIRO and non-CSIRO solutions. This will be a hub to host/post a series of publications/blogs/forums/webinar to promulgate the importance of ESG metrics and engages prospective customers
- LAB: a facilitated problem-solving session where Nature Positive Team engages customers to their needs, pain points and objectives, and recommend next steps.
- PLATFORM: a digital application/portal which allows subscribers to access various Nature Positive ‘modules’ (e.g., biodiversity, carbon, water). Each module consists of well-integrated CSIRO solutions.
As the Product Manager, you will play a key role in defining the product roadmap, and be at the forefront of determining the features, requirements, strategy, marketing, communications and forecasting for the products. You will bring your critical & strategic thinking skills, organisational & leadership skills, your product development domain knowledge, and your well-developed stakeholder management skills to this active client-facing role, and efficiently oversee the product lifecycle and lead a product development team, to ensure the smooth delivery of the ‘Nature Positive’ products/offerings.
If you are experienced in developing digital products through market research, working with multiple internal & external stakeholders to successfully deliver and drive the commercialisation of those products, and have a passion for working on environment & sustainability focused projects, we would love to hear from you! CSIRO will offer you excellent career development and professional support, and a platform for you to grow your skills & experience.
Your duties will include:
- Managing, developing and delivering ‘Nature Positive’ offerings/ products (i.e., Guide, Lab and Platform).
- Defining a product vision and roadmap including features, requirements, strategy, marketing, identifying obstacles and mitigating risks.
- Developing and communicating the product direction, positioning products in relevant markets, and articulating and driving a go-to-market strategy.
- Managing multiple external clients/customers across public and private sectors, including B2B markets.
- Working closely with engineering, research and business teams to assess capabilities, design products and drive deliverables.
- Managing and coordinating communication between the CSIRO team, contractors and prospective customers.
Location: Melbourne or Canberra (preferred); Sydney (considered)
Salary: AU$146K – AU$161K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 18 months
To be considered you will need:
- A university degree, plus at least three years’ experience in product management, with a demonstrated track record of taking ideas from concept to market to achieve business outcomes and solve customer problems in a range of complex product areas.
- Passion for solving real world problems with science and technology, especially in environmental and sustainability sector.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate strategic vision and direction for digital products and translate the vision into a tactical and operational plan.
- Proven ability to action things with high self-motivation and ability to work in a large matrix organisation.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to build alignment and achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with a broad range of external and internal stakeholders in complex environments to build alignment on vision and direction.
- Ability to manage periods of change, uncertainty and conflict.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
11 December 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 11 Dec 2022
- AU$146K – AU$161K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
IT & ICT