Business Development Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Business Development Manager
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join a great team in a flexible/hybrid working environment
- Build partnerships to support & enable the delivery of science outcomes
- Create commercial impact for CSIRO Agriculture & Food!
A rewarding opportunity for an experienced Business Development (BD) Manager to play a pivotal role supporting CSIRO’s Agriculture & Food Business Unit (A&F BU)
You will work in partnership with our science community to support and enable the effective delivery of science outcomes through external engagement, including market validation, managing the customer engagement process, opportunity development and pipeline build, business model development, and delivering strategic partnership and commercial outcomes.
Your duties will include:
- Working with science teams to continue to build and maintain an up-to-date pipeline of industry engagement and commercial opportunities, ensuring accurate forecasting and rigorous follow-up to drive achievement of science impact and revenue targets.
- Developing and managing a portfolio of industry, Government (State and Federal) and external stakeholder relationships aligned to the A&F BU and CSIRO strategy, business plans, commercialisation and impact objectives.
- Lead, coordinate and close large and complex R&D programs of national significance across CSIRO with multiple partners aligned to the A&F BU and CSIRO strategy.
- Developing a strong knowledge of both A&F BU and CSIRO strategies, policies, processes, systems, and tools that are relevant to BD. Using?this knowledge to champion their application in areas such as strategy and program development, operational planning, governance, and pipeline management.
- Striving to continuously gain deeper insight into the relevant industry, agriculture and environment sector, its needs, pain points, and emerging opportunities. Using this knowledge to help shape CSIRO’s engagement with our stakeholders and customers to guide BD and commercial outcomes.
- Proactively creating a portfolio of ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with key internal stakeholders and utilising these relationships to support BD activities and objectives.
Location: Canberra or Brisbane preferred; other AU CSIRO Sites may be considered.
Salary: AU$121,455k – AU$142,321k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant area, such as Science, Business, Management, or equivalent management/leadership experience including industry knowledge and business development experience in the area of Agriculture or Environmental Science.
- Excellent communication (including presentations, proposals and tenders) interpersonal and negotiation skills, including experience working with science or commercial staff and a proven ability to work with and influence different stakeholders in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, co-design and coordinate large and complex programs of work, including the ability to facilitate and drive collaboration across CSIRO research teams, national R&D providers, Federal and State government and the agricultural sector.?
- A history of growing and converting a high-quality opportunity pipeline through the development and implementation of a business development strategy that strongly aligns with organisational aims and objectives.
- Strong problem-solving skills, flexibility in thinking, including the ability to anticipate, manage and develop appropriate solutions to complex problems, effectively manage ambiguity and readily adapt to changing circumstances.?
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Appointment to this role requires you to have a valid unrestricted Australian Driver Licence.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
29 November 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 29 Nov 2022
- AU$121,455k – AU$142,321k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: