- Join Atlas of Living Australia within Australia's largest research organisation - CSIRO
- Lead and manage customer relationships, and drive partnership opportunities
- Identify opportunities for growth and secure future projects
CSIRO's Atlas of Living Australia (ALA) serves as Australia’s national biodiversity database and provides online access and analysis tools that support research, environmental monitoring, conservation planning, education, and biosecurity activities. It is enabled through collaborative partnerships between organisations that have stewardship of biological data and expertise in biodiversity informatics. These partners include museums, biological collections, community groups, research organisations, government and natural resource managers.
As Business Development & Commercial (BD&C) Manager on the ALA Leadership team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping ALA strategy as well as implementing strategic initiatives. You will be required to build advocacy by engaging with stakeholders and customers.
Your duties will include:
- Provide BD&C leadership and advice as a member of the ALA leadership team.
- Contribute to the positioning of the ALA through a strong and consistent value proposition about the national benefit and societal impact of the facility, promoting ALA to a variety of government, research, commercial and public audiences.
- Work in a team to build the profile and momentum of ALA in relation to national and state policy through engagement with industry and international linkages.
- Embed a customer-centric culture across ALA’s outcome themes, working within the broader team to exercise meaningful consultation and engagement with relevant audiences.
- Deliver presentations and represent the ALA at external and internal forums.
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$111K to AU$130K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year specified term
Job reference: 58369
To be successful, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an area such as business, economics, finance, marketing, science, information technology, engineering, commerce, law and/or equivalent experience in a relevant area.
- Demonstrated experience in providing BD&C leadership, developing strategy and delivering beneficial growth and change for organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in originating, negotiating and contracting business opportunities in a science and/or innovation context.
- Experience and knowledge in customer and stakeholder management and service.
- Experience in representing organisations in public presentations and the initiative to seek out opportunities to present, engage and move audiences.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, ensuring you provide enough information relevant to the criteria as listed in the position description, to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, Wednesday 31st October 2018