Senior Product Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Product Manager
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
The role of Senior Product Manager is to be based at our Pullenvale site in Brisbane, home of the Robotics Innovation Centre, which is a custom-built facility for the design, construction, and testing of autonomous systems that include unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs).
As the Senior Product Manager you will be embedded in Data61’s Cyber Physical System Research Program, working in collaboration with its teams to develop, validate and implement product strategies and commercialisation plans for a range of cutting-edge innovations from its Robotics & Autonomous Systems, Computer Vision, and Distributing Sensing Groups. These include products to provide the intelligence for robot navigation in unstructured environments, the safe operation of autonomous vehicles alongside people in production facilities, and the automated tracking of stock levels in warehouses.
This role requires a talented product manager with experience in the complete product development lifecycle, a passion for understanding users, a deep understanding of the data and digital technology sector, and a strong track record of translating market needs into real solutions from concept. The ability to influence teams and build strong relationships with various internal and external stakeholders will be critical for the role.
Your duties will include:
- As a senior member of the product team, develop and execute product strategy in partnership with science/technology and commercial counterparts
- Undertake market and competitor analysis in areas of strategic importance to CSIRO to identify opportunities
- Lead (in collaboration with science/tech lead) the development of strategic product vision, objectives, roadmap and business model needed to bring our research to life
- Identifying what needs to be true to succeed and outline a plan to achieve given constraints
- Clearly communicate product strategy to all stakeholders to align on roadmap
- Undertake (and/or collaborate with Design/UX) to perform customer discovery and synthesis, and facilitate validation exercises (i.e. Design Sprints) so that customer problems/opportunities can be clearly articulated
- Translate customer problems/opportunities into requirements/features
- Collaborate with engineering, Design/UX, and research teams to develop product outcomes.
- Co-lead (with business development and commercialisation) validation of the business model and go-to-market strategy with customers / partners to achieve financial viability and execution of commercialisation plan
- Event engagement & speaking to promote your product and/or CSIRO
- Build collaborative relationships and influence
- Manage complex relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Champion the product management capability across CSIRO
- Build deep trust based and collegial relationships across CSIRO to encourage collaboration
- Product leadership and advisory
- Coaching and mentoring product team members
- Anticipate and manage significant issues, often in ambiguous situations, by evaluating and interpreting complex information and developing creative solutions and contingencies
- Provide advisory and coaching across the business on product thinking and validation methodologies
- Maintain awareness of best practices in product and innovation and contribute to improving templates and processes and knowledge sharing
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Salary: AU$146,207- AU$161,767 per annum (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- A university degree plus five years professional experience in science, technology, business, consulting or innovation.
- At least five years’ experience in product management with a demonstrated track record of taking ideas from concept to market to achieve business outcomes and solve customer problems in a range of complex product areas.
- Managed a product portfolio or complex product
- Growth mindset.
- Demonstrated passion for solving real world problems with science and technology.
- A bias towards action / getting things done with high self-motivation and ability to work in a large matrix organisation.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to build alignment and achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with a broad range of external and internal stakeholders in complex environments to build alignment on vision and direction.
- Ability to manage periods of change, uncertainty and conflict.
- Held a senior product position with people leadership
- Demonstrable entrepreneurship eg Founder/ Start-up
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents, or you must either hold a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
08th June 2023, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 08 Jun 2023
- QLD - Pullenvale
- AU$146,207- AU$161,767 per annum (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
IT & ICT