Senior Principal Research Scientist in CyberSecurity
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Principal Research Scientist in CyberSecurity
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office.
- Collaborative, flexible, innovative workplace that values you and your career development
In your role of Senior Principal Research Scientist is a professorial position and will work in the area of “system security” within Distributed Systems Security group. He/she leads innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO Data61’s cybersecurity research focus areas: Software Security, Human Centric Security and Cybersecurity in Emerging Technologies like AI/ML, IoT and Quantum, with the possibility of novel and important scientific outcomes. He/she presents the findings in appropriate publications and at conferences.
This role will contribute to Data61’s vision of driving the development and adoption of Cybersecurity solutions in Australia. The role leads and delivers research collaborations with the vision of protecting society, government and industry from future attacks. The role will develop security primitives, protocols and methods that ensure organisations and people stay secure from sophisticated cyber-attacks.
Your duties will include:
- Take a leadership role to establish a new research area and deliver high-quality research and research projects in cybersecurity.
- Work closely with other business units within CSIRO understanding their underlying needs.
- Anticipate industry and/or community needs and market direction through client liaison/networking and identify and adapt quickly to changes.
- Within broad guidelines, use professional expertise, knowledge of other disciplines and research experience/achievement to formulate, develop and complete an approved research program with general direction as to the aims of their activities.
- Communicate research results to clients and the scientific community through oral and written reports, which may include the preparation of documents for patent applications.
- Provide advice to policymakers and inform and transfer knowledge to non-scientific audiences
Location: Melbourne and Sydney.
Salary: AU$169,377 - AU$197,180 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- High-level experience in forming a new research area, leading and conducting research activities in information security.
- High-level experience in leading and conducting high-quality research, development and implementation in quantum security with publications in the top tier security conferences Crypto, Eurocrypt, IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, NDSS, Usenix Security, or similar level conferences in other domains.
- High-level experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment, applying research outcomes in solving practical/industry problems, preferably in the area of system security.
- Experience to lead and work effectively in a research team and provide supervision and mentoring to junior researchers.
- High level of written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
- A well-established record of science innovation and creativity, including the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
- A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
09th December 2022 11:00pm AEST.
Please note: Applications may begin shortlisting and interviewing before the closing date, so please apply as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Dec 2022
- AU$169,377 - AU$197,180 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
IT & ICT