Head of Group Sustainability Reporting - [Archived Advertisement]
Wesfarmers Industrial and Safety (View other jobs from this organisation)
Head of Group Sustainability Reporting
- Senior leadership role in Wesfarmers Corporate Office
- Opportunity to work with a recognised sustainability leader, with responsibility to lead Group sustainability reporting
- Commercial, results-oriented, flexible and collegial work environment
- Newly created, full-time permanent role, based in Perth
- Attractive base salary + super + incentives + team member benefits
About the team
Within the Wesfarmers Corporate Office, our Corporate Affairs team has broad responsibilities, aligned with Wesfarmers reputation, including corporate communications and reporting, advancing our sustainability objectives, delivery of our reconciliation commitments, government and stakeholder engagement and community partnerships including the Wesfarmers Arts program.
Wesfarmers has long embraced and been recognised for market-leading sustainability reporting, knowing this evidences the strong link between sustainability strategy and our purpose. This senior role will lead the Group’s work to meet rapidly evolving sustainability reporting expectations and requirements. This role will partner closely with internal stakeholders within the Corporate Office and the Group’s divisions, as well as external stakeholders to shape reporting requirements.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to our Executive General Manager – Corporate Affairs, this role will lead and develop a dedicated team of sustainability, reporting and data specialists, with responsibility to:
- Lead the preparation of Wesfarmers Group sustainability and corporate reporting including in the Wesfarmers Annual Report, working in collaboration with key internal stakeholders
- Oversee and contribute to broader sustainability governance and reporting including reporting to the Wesfarmers Board and Audit and Risk Committee, climate-resilience analysis (which supports climate-related financial disclosures), regulatory submissions (including to the Clean Energy Regulator), the Wesfarmers Modern Slavery Statement and reporting against diverse ESG indices
- Lead work to support the implementation of evolving sustainability-related reporting requirements and standards
- Oversee the new group-wide ESG data management system, to support regular internal and external reporting
What you’ll need
- Significant experience in sustainability reporting and governance in a corporate or professional services environment
- In-depth knowledge of reporting and assurance frameworks including in the management or oversight of sustainability audits
- In-depth knowledge of sustainability reporting standards (including the ISSB S1 and S2 frameworks, TCFD, TNFD and GRI)
- Experience in the management, analysis and reporting of ESG data
- Demonstrated ability to apply commercial thinking and judgement to sustainability and corporate reporting practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with a drive for delivering results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills, with an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong people engagement, influencing and leadership skills
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
As one of Australia’s largest listed companies, we’re proud of our longstanding contribution to Australians. Wesfarmers’ achievements are deeply rooted in the desire to continually reinvent ourselves for the brands we own and operate, including leading retailers like Bunnings, Kmart, Target, Catch, Officeworks and Priceline. Our work doesn’t stop there, we operate in the industrials sector which supplies the nation with chemicals, energy and fertilisers, and industrial and safety products. And in 2022, we established OneDigital to power the Group’s data and digital growth ambitions.
Join the team at Corporate Office which provides support and advice across the Wesfarmers Group
The Corporate Office provides corporate services and support to the autonomous Wesfarmers divisions, helping to enable the achievement of Group objectives. The Corporate office leads capital allocation and portfolio management for the Group and focuses on leveraging and enhancing the Group’s reputation to support attraction and retention of talent, securing investment opportunities and maintaining a low-cost capital. To do this, we need great people, working together and role modelling our values and ways of working.
We’re results focused, but we’re a business that cares. Here we are less about titles and more about everyone playing a valuable role. We provide autonomy and space with freedom to operate, quickly learning from mistakes because we know they are part of the way forward. We’re curious, open minded, and collaborative. And although we’re thought leaders, we’re humble, and willing to share knowledge and learn from one another.
We know that diversity fosters greater innovation and better customer connection, so we strive to create an inclusive and diverse work environment. This means promoting the development of our people and fostering a sense of belonging irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
If this sounds like your next career move, then combine your cover letter and resume into one document and click on the ‘Apply’ button by Wednesday, 13 December 2023. Please note that we may commence interviewing of candidates prior to this closing date.
For brief enquiries please contact Human Resources on (08) 9327 4223.
We’re hiring the best and the brightest talent. Let’s start to explore the possibilities of achieving great things together.
For more information, visit our website at https://www.wesfarmers.com.au
- Closing Date:
- 13 Dec 2023
- WA - Perth
- Attractive base salary + super + incentives
- Work Type: