Commissioner Appointments for the Victorian Environmental Water Holder (VEWH) 2023 - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action (View other jobs from this organisation)
Commissioner Appointments for the Victorian Environmental Water Holder (VEWH) 2023
Join the Victorian Environmental Water Holder (VEWH) and be part of a sector that is leading in:
- Climate Action and Emissions Reduction
- Traditional Owner Self-determination
- Gender Equality
The Victorian Government is committed to increasing diversity on water sector boards to encourage new ideas and reflect the rich diversity of the Victorian community.
Expressions of interest for four Commissioners of the VEWH, including the Chairperson, open Monday 27 February 2023 for appointments commencing 1 October 2023. One or more of the positions must be filled by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person who is living in Victoria.
The VEWH has the critical responsibility of holding and managing Victoria's environmental water entitlements. The VEWH:
- makes decisions on the most effective use of the Water Holdings, including use, trade and carryover;
- liaises with other water holders to ensure coordinated use of all sources of environmental water;
- authorises waterway managers to implement watering decisions;
- commissions targeted projects to demonstrate ecological outcomes of environmental watering at key sites;
- publicly communicates environmental watering decisions and outcomes.
It is preferred that applicants are Victorian residents and are required to have knowledge of, or experience in, one or more of the following fields:
- environmental management;
- sustainable water management;
- public administration.
Understanding Aboriginal traditional ecological knowledge, cultural values, and values associated with environmental water will also be highly regarded.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, women, Aboriginal Victorians, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, from lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender diverse, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people, and from people living in rural and regional Victoria.
Expressions of interest will be open until 11.59 p.m. Monday 27 March 2023. For more information and to apply, please visit: boards.vic.gov.au/water
For further enquiries or for assistance with accessing documents please contact the Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action at email@example.com or phone the Customer Contact Centre on 136 186.
- Closing Date:
- 27 Mar 2023
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Natural Resource Management