Pepsico Australia and New Zealand (View other jobs from this organisation)
PepsiCo ANZ is home to some of the world's most trusted brands such as Smith's Chips, Red Rock Deli, Sakata Rice Crackers, Pepsi Max, and Gatorade! We are a progressive and people-focused business and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Some of our proud achievements include being recognised as a Top Employer in both Australia and New Zealand in 2021,2022 and 2023, one of only 16 organisations globally to earn this certification. We are recognised as a WGEA Employer of Choice for gender equality for the past 12 years and is one of the leading organisations in this space. We have also been certified as a Gender Tick (NZ) organisation and Family Friendly Certification (AU).
Due to an internal movement, we are now recruiting and accepting applications for a Technical Manager to join the team in Tingalpa. You will be reporting directly to the Manufacturing Manager and manage a team of 62 reports (Direct and Indirect). Your role will lead all site engineering functions including Maintenance, Planning, Stores, Facilities, Projects etc. Drive capability and support site cost control, quality, safety, and service objectives. Support national engineering-related plans/projects by working collaboratively with the National Project Engineering, Process and Packaging teams.
Why Join Us at PepsiCo
- An opportunity to join a Global FMCG Company
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package on offer
- Excellent Health & Wellness Programs with access to generous leave options
- We offer an Agile & Flexible Working Environment
- Personal and Professional growth opportunities
- Be part of an organisation committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
About the Role
- Increase plant uptime to drive TE & NE improvements.
- Continuously improve plant capability to reduce both planned and unplanned downtime.
- Support achievement of site scorecard objectives-Safety/Quality/Production Efficiency/IPS (Improved Product Standards)
- Lead and manage site capital expenditure projects. Provide expertise in capital project development and scoping.
- Control expenses within annual budget allocations and identify productivity opportunities.
- Own the machinery safety agenda on site - MESS
- Lead planned maintenance strategy using the Global PEMM process-PepsiCo engineering maintenance methodology.
- Provide technical support to all functions as required.
- Own the FM Global insurance process across site.
- Ensure compliance to PepsiCo positive agenda by leading the RECON (Resource Conservation) Team.
- Manage support staff and trades employees.
- Maintain positive working relationships with Manufacturing, Capital Engineering and other functions.
- Ensure compliance with government, statutory and licensing requirements.
- Actively contribute to the development of safe plant, equipment and work practices.
- Demonstrate and exercise a commitment to promote, develop and improve the health, safety, and welfare of our people.
- Undertake all duties in accordance with company environmental policies and procedures and support continual improvement in environmental systems and performance as outlined in annual plans.
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in an Engineering Leadership Role (FMCG Industry preferred)
- Relevant Engineering Degree - Electrical or Mechanical (Preferred)
- Knowledge of concept and application of modern maintenance management principles
- Knowledge of modern safety management principles & machinery safety practices.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and planning skills
- Proven ability to set and gain commitment to targets and deadlines.
- Advanced Computer Skills - Exposure to CMMS. Preferably SAP PM
- Strong and established People Leadership, Change Management and Team Building skills.
- Exposure to high-speed packaging equipment and/or comparable processing technology
If the above description sounds like you, please submit your application online with your updated CV and a Cover Letter outlining what motivated you to apply for this role.
Kindly note all applicants must have legal work rights to live and work in Australia.
- QLD - Tingalpa
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Manufacturing & Operations