Safety Partner - Western Sydney Nepean Blue Mountains (WSNBM) - [Archived Advertisement]
NSW Ambulance (View other jobs from this organisation)
Safety Partner - Western Sydney Nepean Blue Mountains (WSNBM)
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time, 38 hours per week
Position Classification: Health Mgr Lvl 2
Remuneration: $106,142 per annum - $125,241 per annum + super and annual leave loading
Closing Date: 14 January 2024
NSW Ambulance is an integral part of the NSW Health system that must work together seamlessly to deliver services to the community of NSW. We take a values-based leadership approach putting our people at the centre of everything we do, striving to deliver our mission of Excellence in Care through our CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Hear what it’s like to work for NSW Ambulance
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to the recent expansion of the Safety business unit, an opportunity has arisen to join NSW Ambulance in the role of Safety Partner. The Safety Partner is responsible for the provision of work health and safety knowledge and advice services to portfolio clients across the organisation, using their work health and safety knowledge and skills to maintain a safe workplace, add value to business units and achieve performance in accordance with business and workforce performance expectations.
With NSW Ambulance currently undergoing a period of growth and transformational change, the successful candidate will be pivotal in contributing to the operational delivery of key work health and safety programs including the launch of a new safety strategy, the implementation of a new safety management system aligned to ISO45001 and 45003, delivery of a key risk and critical control framework, and targeted programs for operational risks.
OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE (for eligible employees)
Besides your salary, you’ll also have access to:
- A range of leave to support you with your needs out of work including generous paid parental leave, carers leave and more
- Allocated Days Off (ADO) – once a month take a paid day off (eligible full-time employees)
- Additional Public Holiday
- Opportunities for extra tax savings through salary packaging
- Novated leasing – lease a car and pay for all running costs out of your pre-taxed salary (eligible fulltime employees)
- Extensive staff support programs available to all staff and families – free confidential and professional assistance for staff and their families
- Fitness passport, and medic-fit gyms at most locations – discounted gym membership that both you and your family can enjoy (eligible employees)
- Health coaching service available to all staff providing individualised support
- Discounted private health insurance
- Career development and growth opportunities
To be successful in this role, you will require the following experience and attributes:
- Drive a safety culture that will positively influence morale and achieve a safe and healthy work environment within NSW Ambulance.
- Ensure continuous effective service delivery within a performance based, innovative, and accountable customer focused work culture.
- Coach and implement work health and safety programs within portfolio areas, in consultation with the Manager, Safety Partnering
- Coach, advise and direct business units and managers on work health and safety processes, practices and responsibilities including systems and ways to identify and monitor safety, building work health and safety capability in business unit managers and staff.
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of NSW Ambulance work health and safety management systems to deliver genuine, practical and measurable safety improvements; whilst proactively promoting and influencing a safety climate across the organisation.
- Contribute to and deliver programs to eliminate and/or control risks, reduce injury and illness and improve work health and safety performance, managing issues to achieve the expected performance, benefits and value
- Establish and maintain effective business partnerships through customer engagement with both internal and external stakeholders
- Work with managers to conduct reporting on work health and safety issues, trends, measures and outcomes.
- Participate in the preparation, review and delivery of the NSW Ambulance Work Health and Safety Strategy
HOW TO APPLY
Please respond to the below two (2) pre-screening questions (max 4000 characters including spaces) and submit this with your CV and other required information.
Question 1: Describe a situation in which you have implemented a work health and safety program within a complex organisational context.
Question 2: Provide an example of a time when you were able to communicate successfully to another person even when you knew that person would initially disagree with you.
If you’d like to discuss the position and role description more before you formally apply, confidential enquiries can be made to Brett Campny on:
Please note: To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
Click here for information about eligibility lists and Recruitment Pool use
Click here for information on our Diversity and Inclusion Statement and COVID-19
- Closing Date:
- 14 Jan 2024
- NSW - Werrington
- $106,142 per annum - $125,241 per annum + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time