At Ambulance Victoria we are proud to share our commitment to save and improve lives by providing outstanding care for our patients. It is our promise to every patient, and it sits at the heart of everything we do. No matter what corporate or support role you play in delivering our critical services to Victorians, you join a team dedicated to bringing our vision of ‘Outstanding emergency health care every time' to life.
We are seeking a Senior Partner to provide high quality strategic advice for our Workplace Reform Department. This is a Full Time, Fixed Term (12-months) position currently based in Doncaster with WFH/Hybrid options available.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Workplace Reform, responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead AV's preparation and response to the independent progress evaluation of AV's accepted VEOHRC reforms against priority recommendations, VEOHRC's audit framework, AV's Outcomes Framework and Theory of Change
- Evaluate our efforts to improve workplace safety against key external frameworks
- Coach and mentor project or program managers, creating a culture of continuous improvement and ensuring the objectives are communicated and implemented effetely and appropriately
- Use project management skills and judgement to anticipate and collaborate with stakeholders and oversee end to end project deliverables ensuring skills and issues are identified and mitigated
To be considered for this position you will possess
- A relevant degree in business or project management or equivalent training and experience in leadership
- Relevant project management qualifications (eg. Human Centred Design, Prince2, Agile, or similar) preferred
- High level demonstrated experience in leading large-scale and complex projects with high profile organisational reform priorities, preferably within the public sector
- Proven ability to lead a critical program with organisation wide scope, influence, and impact
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, including an ability to prepare high quality reports, papers, and presentations for a variety of audiences
Working at AV
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles, and other benefits including free on-site parking.
We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities and whether our staffing reflects the diversity of the Victorian community. If you are ready to be an integral part in bringing our values of Care, Accountable, Respect and Excellence to life at AV, we want to hear from you!
Successful applicants will need to have received the mandated COVID-19 vaccinations and be willing to complete pre-employment screening including references, misconduct and Police Checks.
By applying for this position with Ambulance Victoria, you agree to undertake an assessment of any Secondary Employment or outside interests, in line with AV's Secondary Employment procedure. This is required to ensure there is no perceived or actual conflict of interest for AV should you be successful and commence in the role.
This position is graded at AV6 under the Ambulance Victoria (Management and Administrative Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2021.
Hybrid working options are available however it is essential that the successful applicant maintains a presence at our Doncaster headquarters.
The Position Description for this role can be found at the AV Careers website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au.
How to apply
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- Cover letter outlining your experience and interest in the position
- Current Resume
- Separate document addressing the selection criteria (detailed under ‘Key Selection Criteria' in the position description)
Applications must be submitted by 11.59pm on Monday 19 February 2024 by clicking ‘apply'. Applications must be submitted via the AV Careers website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au/ to be considered. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Refer to the ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria' document for further information. For any queries, please email email@example.com or contact us on (03) 9840 3653.
At all levels of our organisation, a diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.