Exciting Digital Solutions Architect Opportunity in Ballarat!!
Three (3) Years Fixed Term Contract
Up to $157K pa package including super
Flexible options available: part-time, purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations and 9-day fortnights.
Central Highlands Water is a major regional employer, and we want you to join us!
At CHW we provide drinking water, sewerage, trade waste and recycled water services to residents and businesses in the Central Highlands region of Victoria. We are a public sector employer with a proud history spanning more than 150 years, of supporting regional prosperity through service excellence.
In everything we do, we strive to make a real difference to the lives of the people and communities we serve, and we share a common goal of making Ballarat and the Central Highlands region a great place to live.
At CHW, we understand that you spend a lot of time at work so we focus on making your time with us as enjoyable and rewarding as we possibly can. We are great bunch of people that are passionate about what we do.
About the role:
You will oversee the Digital Metering Project for CHW and will have a clear vision for the project and and a clear understanding of CHW's business needs. You will chiefly oversee software architecture, data and systems engineering and technology implementation. You will also provide technical leadership and decision-making regarding software components, data management and integration into CHW's software environment relating to the Digital Metering Project.
Safety is our No. 1 priority and we expect you will actively contribute to, and foster a 'safety first' culture that supports our aspiration of zero harm – this means you care deeply about the physical and psychological safety of people so that our team return home in great shape at the end of the day.
If you have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications including, but not limited to; data science, data engineering or software engineering, or equivalent experience building and optimising data pipelines or deploying machine learning models.
- Extensive experience in designing, implementing and managing databases, data models and datasets within a small to mid-sized organisation
- Experience and working knowledge of data architecture, data integration and data manipulation at scale
- Ability to present and complex technical issues to a variety of audiences
we'd love to hear from you!
What’s in it for you:
Working for one of the region’s largest employers you will be part of an organisation that is high achieving, cohesive and always striving for better customer outcomes. We’re full of “everyday people” that are great to work with and reflect our community!
At CHW you will:
- Have access to training and development opportunities that will further develop your knowledge and skills
- Be part of an organisation that strongly promotes work life balance, flexibility, safety and wellbeing
- Work in an organisation that makes a difference to our community
- Be part of an organisation that cares about you, your safety and wellbeing
How to apply
If you have the above skills, experience and/or knowledge for this position click on APPLY to be redirected to our website and for a copy of the Position Description. While you are on our website, take a look around. You won’t be disappointed!
- You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role
- Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status
For a confidential chat about the role, please contact Brenda Wong, HR Business Partner on 0401 411 900.
Applications close 5pm, Friday, 30 September 2022.
At CHW we are dedicated to supporting our team’s physical and mental wellbeing. We offer flexible and hybrid working opportunities. We assist our team to develop, as people and as leaders. We value diversity and inclusion - our workforce is a place where the melding of a range of views and perspectives is celebrated.