Rail Safety Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Queensland Rail (View other jobs from this organisation)
Rail Safety Manager
Queensland Rail's purpose is to provide a customer-focused, safe, reliable, on-time, value for money rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. The organisation's vision is connecting communities through a modern, world-class rail service.
We encourage a safe, innovative, and inclusive environment where you can deliver quality service while expanding your career and achieving your professional goals. If you thrive in an environment where motivation, teamwork, and forward thinking are paramount, then a career with Queensland Rail could be the right step for you!
About the role
The Safety, Risk & Assurance team plays a critical role in ensuring rail safety systems, procedures, and practices reflect the highest standards of Queensland Rail and national law.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced rail safety manager to help drive strategic safety objectives across Queensland Rail.
This is a fixed-term, fulltime opportunity (ending in 29/02/2024), based in Brisbane CBD with competitive remuneration package and hybrid work options to support the balance between work and personal commitments.
Please see position description for a full list of responsibilities: Manager Safety Strategy
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Extensive knowledge of safety management principles and issues, including government policy, legislation, technology, innovation, industry trends, and risk-based management systems relevant to a large, diverse organisation operating across various industry sectors.
- Ability to build and sustain productive relationships and partnerships through strong influencing, interpersonal, consultation, relationship building, and negotiation skills.
- Skilled in business performance concepts, drivers, reporting, and analytics.
- Skilled in the application of program management principles and processes demonstrated by effective identification of change impacts and application of controls.
- Skilled in the application of risk management principles and processes demonstrated by effective identification, evaluation, and reporting or organisation.
Lifestyle & Work Benefits at Queensland Rail:
- Four weeks annual leave, as well as other leaves and flexible working opportunities to help balance between work and personal commitments.
- Free travel to-and-from work, as well as access to discounted and/or free rail travel for off-duty travel on the City or long-distance travel networks.
- Access to QR's competitive Employee Benefits + 1 Team Values, Diverse and Inclusive working environment.
- Employee Assistance Program providing employees with holistic and contemporary health and wellbeing programs.
- Professional and leadership development opportunities and ongoing support to develop your experience and skills.
- Access to Fitness Passport - a discounted workplace health and fitness program giving you and your family unparalleled access to a wide range of gyms and pools throughout the state.
- We pride ourselves on our Safety Culture, we ‘work safe' so that everyone goes ‘home safe'
Click the "Apply" button to submit your CV and cover letter by the deadline: 11:59 PM on Wednesday, 27th September.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to provide references and/or complete pre-employment tests, health assessments, and background checks (which may include criminal history and credit checks). External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.
Queensland Rail embraces and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Judy with your specific enquiry to email@example.com. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
- Closing Date:
- 27 Sep 2023
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type: