Program Manager, General Practice Clinical Trials Australia - [Archived Advertisement]
The University of Melbourne (View other jobs from this organisation)
Job no: 0031231
Role type: Full-time; Fixed-term for 2 years
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: General Practice and Primary Care
Salary: UOM 9 – $134,320 – $139,749 p.a. plus 17% super
- Lead the establishment of business processes for a new initiative using innovative practice-based technology to streamline clinical trials
- Spearhead business development and commercialisation activity
- Effectively plan for the long-term success and viability of the initiative
- Salary packaging, subsidised health and wellbeing services, fitness and cultural clubs, Myki discounts, and a 25% discount on graduate courses to our staff and their immediate families!
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Program Manager to oversee the establishment and activity coordination of a new collaborative partnership between the University and Torch Recruit Pty Ltd, to be known as General Practice Clinical Trials Australia (GPCTA). GPCTA will support the development and conduct of primary care-based research, with a specific focus on the recruitment of suitable participants for clinical trials.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the business development and commercialisation planning process
- Serving as the key conduit between the University and Torch Recruit, maintaining a strong working relationship with all stakeholders
- Integrating the unit's administrative functions, establishing clear directions, common goals and open communication by fostering a work culture that supports the ongoing growth and development of all staff
- Developing effective governance structures and reporting processes
- Coaching and motivating staff to achieve the goals of the collaboration, clearly outlining key objectives and performance indicators
Who We Are Looking For
You are an experienced leader with exceptional project management and budget oversight skills, able to design and implement efficient new operating rhythms. You are a strategic thinker who can align operations with planning priorities and market conditions.
You will also have:
- A graduate-level qualification with subsequent relevant work-related experience or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience and/or education/training
- Outstanding skills in budgeting and fiscal management of large and complex portfolios, including the ability to conduct scenario modelling, implement cost controls and prepare comprehensive financial analyses
- A proven track record in business development and planning, including business continuity and risk management
- Solid project management expertise and effectiveness working both independently and leading a project team to collaboratively achieve goals and meet agreed deadlines against changing or competing priorities
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – Department of General Practice and Primary Care
The Department of General Practice and Primary Care at the University of Melbourne is a leading centre for primary care research, training, and innovation. With a network of over 600 community-based practices, we provide quality medical education, postgraduate training, and collaborate on research. Through initiatives like the Data for Decisions program, we ensure privacy while leveraging electronic medical record data. Our research focuses on biostatistics, implementation science, informatics, and co-design, addressing key healthcare challenges. Join us to shape the future of primary care and make a difference in patient outcomes.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the email address listed at the bottom of the page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit -https://about.unimelb.edu.au/reconciliation/murmuk-djerring
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
- The responses against the Selection Criteria^ (found in the Position Description)
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Katie Robertson via email at Faculties-TA@unimelb.edu.au, ensuring that you include the Position Number and the Job Title as the subject. Please do not share your application to this email address.
If you have any particular questions regarding the job please follow the details listed on the Position Description.
Applications close: 23 November 2023 11:55 PM Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)
To view the Position Description and to apply, please visit - https://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/en/job/914693/program-manager-general-practice-clinical-trials-australia
- Closing Date:
- 23 Nov 2023
- VIC - Parkville
- $134,320 - $139,749 p.a. plus 17% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health & Medical